Gunpowder

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Angrboda

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Another backlog from last night. The boyfriend already liked the Sencha and I thought it would be a good idea to also get a chinese green to illustrate the differences between japanses and chinese...” Read full tasting note

From A C Perch's

A classical strong light bitter Chinese green tea rolled into little balls. 3-4 minutes

About A C Perch's View company

1 Tasting Note

Another backlog from last night.

The boyfriend already liked the Sencha and I thought it would be a good idea to also get a chinese green to illustrate the differences between japanses and chinese greens. What could be more classic than a Gunpowder?

M really liked the rolled up glossy looking leaves, but she didn’t care much for the tea itself. She thought it had a sort of aftertaste similar to the aftertaste when eating fish. .

For myself, again, a fairly smooth and straight forward tea experience. I don’t actually remember a lot about this one any more but was a bit more butter-y in flavour and a bit more semi-salty and colour of the flavour was sort of like the colour of straw. Deep yellow brew, though.

This is also the first proper quality FRESH Gunpowder that I’ve had in years. I searched really really hard, high and low, and I could not find even the vaguest hint of a smoky note. Gunpowder is not a smoky tea. I don’t care what you say, it just isn’t.

Like M, I preferred the Sencha, although both were pleasant teas.