White Persian

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Angrboda

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was the tea for the 18th. We’ve got a bit of a backlog, but this is the sort of thing that will happen when you keep finding things that make you think, “meh.” I don’t know anything about this...” Read full tasting note

From A C Perch's

Product description not available yet.

About A C Perch's View company

1 Tasting Note

I don’t know anything about this one. It’s a white tea. I don’t think it should be flavoured, because it usually says aromatised on the packing if it is and it didn’t here. Was it grown in Iran, then? If so, we’ve got a lot of points on the Scale of Interestingness. Somehow, though, that strikes me as a little unlikely. That sort of thing doesn’t seem to be ACP’s style, although you never know.

When drinking it, I am further confused about whether or not it’s flavoured, because it tastes extraordinarily like peaches. Like a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot of peaches!

It didn’t actually have any of the things about it that normally puts me off in a white tea. None of that cucumber-y, courgette-y flavour. Not much in the way of floralness and no grass or straw or anything. Just peaches.

It was so strong at one point that I actually visualised biting a peach while tasting it. I could see the yellow flesh of the fruit and feel the downy skin of it. I could see the wrinkly stone and almost feel its roughness against my tongue. It was a really strong sensation of peach there. Far stronger than just your average ‘oh, this tastes like peach.’

So. I don’t much care for white tea in general and this elicited another sigh when opening it but it has turned out to be quite drinkable. THIS is the sort of experience I’d been hoping to get from the Christmas calendar, dammit!