Syrupy Pumpkin Pancakes

Cinnamon, Clove, Malt, Pumpkin, Spices, Sweet, Baked Bread, Butter, Maple Syrup, Spicy, Chocolate, Maple, Walnut, Cream, Creamy, Pancake Syrup, Bitter, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

2 Images

• “Sipdown! While looking at the loose leaf I’m noticing that there are a LOT of large cinnamon bark pieces in my sample bag of this. So there should be a lot of spice in this cup. I did add some...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s the time of year again when I hoard pumpkin spice teas because I NEED them. That said, this is more ‘Cinnamony Pumpkin Pancakes’ than ‘Syrupy’. There’s huge pieces of cinnamon in the dry mix;...” Read full tasting note
  • “Taken with 2% milk. The ceylon base is on the bright and astringent side, but, wow, that flavouring swamps it the best it can! The syrup oozes into my nostrils and down my throat, while pumpkin...” Read full tasting note
  • “This second cup was better than the first I had – more maple syrupy flavour. Still nothing overly special, but a tasty enough autumn/winter treat.” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Syrupy Pumpkin Pancakes Black Tea:

What could possibly be better than having pancakes for breakfast? Drinking them of course. A rich ceylon is the base for this cuppa, paired with the flavors of cinnamon-spiced pumpkin pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup.

Takes milk and sugar well. For the most pancake-y experience, let the tea cool for a few minutes for indulging.

All orders come in resealable packaging and include a reusable muslin cotton tea bag.

Ingredients:

Ceylon Black Tea, Cinnamon, Organic Cacao Nibs, Sprinkles, Natural Flavors

Brew and Size Instructions:

Use 1-2 teaspoons for an 8 oz cup
Steep for 4-5 minutes at 200F water

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Sipdown!

I did add some maple syrup to this and a tiny bit of almond milk.
This is a nice tea not what I was expecting but I really like the spices in this. I was expecting this to be a really heavy maple tasting tea with some spice. The spice was the main flavor in this though for me. It tastes like what you would want a Pumpkin Chai tea to taste like. I don’t really get pancakes from this as much as pumpkin chai. The base is malty and the milk adds a creaminess to the cup. There’s a slightly sweet spiced pumpkin flavor as well. It’s slightly spicy but the spices are very well balanced. This would definitely be a great Chai to drink during Fall. It reminds me of Bath and Body Work’s pumpkin collection.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Malt, Pumpkin, Spices, Sweet

185 °F / 85 °C 5 min, 0 sec 6 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
Mastress Alita

I like to add maple syrup to my pumpkin chais too.

That said, this is more ‘Cinnamony Pumpkin Pancakes’ than ‘Syrupy’. There’s huge pieces of cinnamon in the dry mix; I had to break a few to get them to fit into my tea ball. The smell of it, both dry leaf and brewed tea, is also overwhelmingly of cinnamon and other spices. It goes without saying that it tastes mainly of cinnamon when it’s freshly brewed, and just a bit bitter from the Ceylon. When it cools a little the other spice flavors come out a bit more, and just a little bit of pumpkin. If the syrup’s there at all, it’s lost under all the spices. It’s not particularly pancakelike either; it’s really more of a cinnamon-heavy pumpkin chai than anything else.

I took the package’s advice for my second cup and added maple syrup as a sweetener; then I got the maple flavor because I added it myself. So yeah, BYOS if you want the ‘syrupy’ part of this at all.

Taken with 2% milk.

The ceylon base is on the bright and astringent side, but, wow, that flavouring swamps it the best it can! The syrup oozes into my nostrils and down my throat, while pumpkin spices catch on the tongue.

I don’t necessarily get pancakes, but their is something extremely dessert-like to the finish; it reminds me of cupcakes and fall candles.

This isn’t as high a priority repurchase as other AQ2T teas but it will definitely find its way into my shopping cart come end of summer/early fall.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cinnamon, Clove, Maple Syrup, Pumpkin

Sniffed the bag of this and could smell a little syrup dominated by cinnamon. My cup smells of syrupy cinnamon pancakes for sure. I’m trying to decide if I can pick out any pumpkin or if the tea relies on the pumpkin spices to give the impression of it. It smells very fall potpourri like. The first few sips are all cinnamon which doesn’t seem to want to give way to anything else. A little clove comes in and finally dominates. Adding sweetener makes the syrup pop right up mid sip and into the aftertaste. As I sip on, I can totally pick up on syrupy spiced pancakes, but I’m still not sure if there is actual pumpkin/flavoring in it. Pondering it makes me long for Costco’s pumpkin pie. They do really good gigantic pumpkin pies. I meant to try this with cream, but was enjoying it so much with a little sugar that I absent mindedly made it to the bottom of the cup without cream. I think a resteep may be in order.

Update: Resteep killed by cream. A touch of sweetener alone is enough to bring out the magic in this cup.

I love maple syrup and cinnamon so I was excited to try this one. This tea is one of those where the flavors really pop when the tea cools down slightly. At first I tasted a bread clearly when it was hot and fresh; as it cooled down the mild maple came through and sometimes a touch of syrup feel. Very good. I didn’t sense cinnamon though, or pumpkin. The tea is mildly flavored but smooth.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Maple Syrup

Sipdown! This was a sample size so that’s not much of an achievement, but still. It’s a bit chilly out due to the wind from Hermine so I wanted a fall-themed tea. This fit the bill and I got to claim a sipdown.

I added rice milk to the first steep for a bit of creaminess. There was lots of maple syrup and pumpkin spice flavor but nothing pancake-like per se. I didn’t really miss it. The base tea is nice and malty and that’s plenty to hang the flavor on. For the second steep, I didn’t make any additions. The maltiness of the base tea came out more, with maple and cinnamon notes at the tail end. Overall, this was a great tea for a fall-like day.

With the addition of maple syrup and milk, this tea makes for lovely dessert tea. They really bring out and enhance the favors. I’m getting syrupy pumpkin bready sweetness. Really good this way!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Maple Syrup, Pumpkin, Spicy

MrQuackers

Maple Syrup and milk go together amazingly well. I’ve never tried to through the spicy in there, could see it though. :)

KiwiDelight

Now I want pumpkin pancakes.

It’s funny that reading the other reviews, there are a couple comments about the base being really strong on this blend. I found the base to be rather watery tasting. But since this was a secondhand purchase, I don’t know how long the leaf has been sitting in its little baggy.

Other than that, I enjoyed this. The maple is strong, and you can never go wrong with a nice maple flavor. The cinnamon is the next strongest flavor and pairs well with the maple. I suppose I chose to drink this this morning because I wish fall were here, and the maple cinnamon is doing its best to help me pretend. There’s a buttery chocolatey kind of aftertaste too.

Maybe my palate is filling in the likely pairings, but I might taste a bit of clove? It’s nice, whether it’s there or not. The cinnamon sticks and the pumpkin sprinkles were a nice touch to making this blend fun.

Flavors: Butter, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Maple

In celebration of having milk handy, I made a cup of this with a bit of honey to start the day.
Enjoyable cup. Cinnamon, spice, distant maple, a bit of nut, a bit of pumpkin. The added sweetness lifts up all the flavours.

I like very much that the maple is barely there. I seem to have experienced too many teas where the maple is boom in your face. It’s a nice change to have it as one of the many flavours at play here although all the flavours are subtle, nicely so.

I find steeping it with water a minute or two past boiling is best.

It was one of those mornings when I went through almost everything to find a tea that was right for the moment. Good choice. That said, I don’t crave this one, and I won’t miss it when it is gone.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Maple, Pumpkin, Spices, Walnut