Banana Nut Pancakes

Baked Bread, banana, Nuts, Walnut, Butter, Pancake Syrup, Pecan, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

2 Images

• “Wow this tea really smells banana-y. My sample packet of this had about half a banana coin and 2 large walnut pieces. Preparation: covered and steeped for 5 minutes in an 10 oz mug. Used the whole...” Read full tasting note
  • “090/365 I picked up a taster/sample size of this one with my first AQTT order (I’m seriously late to this party!), and I’m already wishing I’d bought a bigger bag. I knew straight away, after only...” Read full tasting note
  • “Mmm… such syrupy banana goodness, although less so when I didn’t get a banana or nut piece in my tea filter. Without those pieces, today’s cup seemed more buttery and black tea-like, which isn’t a...” Read full tasting note
  • “A very good rendition of a banana nut black. The base is fairly smooth, and there’s lots of natural banana flavour and some nuttiness. I would love these flavours on an oolong!” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Banana Nut Pancakes Black Tea:

What could possibly be better than having pancakes for breakfast? Drinking them of course. A rich ceylon is the base for this cuppa pairing with the flavors of decadent banana walnut pancakes drizzled with vanilla butter.

Takes milk and sugar well.

All orders come in resealable packaging and include a reusable muslin cotton tea bag.

Ingredients:

Ceylon Black Tea, Walnuts, Chewy Banana Coins, Natural Flavors

Brew and Size Instructions:

Use 1-2 teaspoons for an 8 oz cup
Steep for 4-5 minutes at 200F water

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Preparation: covered and steeped for 5 minutes in an 10 oz mug. Used the whole sample.
Drank it plain without added milk or sweetener

Tasting Note: This is the second banana tea I’ve ever had and both are from A Quarter to Tea. This tea is similar to her Banana Split tea but only in terms of the banana flavor. The banana flavor is the prominent note in this tea with some nutty undertones. The aftertaste of the tea tastes like a banana walnut muffin. I can see why a lot of people don’t like banana teas because the flavor is sort of strange. This tea is pretty spot on in terms of the name for me although I don’t get pancakes from it. I think anyone who likes banana teas will be able to appreciate this blend. The banana flavor is essentially a yellow banana, not a ripe one. I only eat bananas when they are SUPER ripe and sweet. So I’m not the targeted audience for this tea but enjoyed trying it.

I would love to see a caramelized banana tea or something along those lines. A Banana Nutella tea might also be interesting.

Flavors: Baked Bread, banana, Nuts, Walnut

2040 tasting notes

090/365

I picked up a taster/sample size of this one with my first AQTT order (I’m seriously late to this party!), and I’m already wishing I’d bought a bigger bag. I knew straight away, after only one tiny sip, that this would be tea love. I don’t know that I absolutely get pancakes, but as it happens I really don’t care. That’s because there’s banana and nuts in spades, and that’s what I really wanted from this blend. Something to rival Butiki’s Foxy Roxy’s Banana Walnut Treat, which I still miss. Well, this is it. I’ve finally found it!

The banana here isn’t over-strong or artificial, but it’s at a level I consider perfect. It tastes like actual ripe banana, like it’s been somehow smooshed into the tea. It has that sweetness, and that undeniable banana-ness, that you’d get from an actual banana. The nuts play second fiddle, but they’re definitely there. I get mostly walnut, but there’s something richer and more pecan-like in there too, along with a light creaminess.

I adore this, and it’s definitely one I’d buy more of next time.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
__Morgana__

Sounds yum!

Dustin

I really liked AQ2T’s Grilled Spiced Banana.

Mmm… such syrupy banana goodness, although less so when I didn’t get a banana or nut piece in my tea filter. Without those pieces, today’s cup seemed more buttery and black tea-like, which isn’t a bad thing either.

Taken with 2% milk.

Flavors: Baked Bread, banana, Butter, Pancake Syrup, Pecan, Walnut

Sniffing at my cup of this I notice an almond/cherry scent, but no banana! I can also smell something deeper and earthier behind it. I’m surprised at how many AQ2T selections have the suggested steeping temp of 200. Greens and blacks, which I’m used to having very different requirements. Still, I figure if a company bothers to put a temperature suggestion on there, they have probably done some trial and error… unless it’s Lupicia which has horrible steeping suggestions of boiling everything!
When I sip I’m getting the same flavor combo that I was smelling. I got a piece of dried banana in my steeper, but cherries are still coming through strong. It’s only on the aftertaste that I get a quick hint of banana. I added a little sugar and it hasn’t changed. Adding cream is making it yummier, but still no banana. I am a lover of artificial banana flavoring. If I’m expecting this to be a banana tea, I’m disappointed. If I’m not expecting banana, then it’s a nice enough cup with cream and sugar.

OMGsrsly

I boil Lupicia’s Mango Oolong! One reason I love it so much is it can take anything… Just be careful you short steep when the water is that hot. :)

Dustin

I have had a hard time getting into oolongs, but I think I have a Lupicia oolong that I can try that with. I was getting horrible cups of green tea following their instructions.

I don’t really like green tea, so I guess I didn’t notice when I tried them. :D

This tea now is approaching a year old, but the smallest bit of remaining leaf has been tucked away safely in a tin in a cold dark cupboard.

When I last had it some time ago, I wasn’t impressed, so I didn’t have high hopes. But today, perhaps I added the slightest bit more dry leaf and steeped it just right and omgwow! The banana is gentle but present enough to whisper banana through every sip. It’s all very nutty, as in walnut/pecan type nutty, including that slight bitterness of walnut or pecan skin flavour. All wrapped up with a hint of maple sweetness. Beautiful.

Very much enjoying this cup. Well done, Lauren.

Now do I dare hope for the same euphoria in my next cup?

Flavors: banana, Pecan, Sweet, Walnut

apieceofquiche

This sounds yummy. I love a good banana tea.

So I got this as a sample from my 1st order. Smells, but not taste of banana. Hint of nut. I didn’t get any bread notes. However, this was a very small sample, so it was under leafed and probably needed milk or sugar to bring out the full flavor.

Flavors: banana, Nuts

As my mouth is still full of peanut butter (I have a problem, k?) the nut flavour of this is kind of lost on me… but the banana is spot on.

Yum.

Thanks so much for sharing, Dexter! I’ll do another steep later and see how it is. But this tea + peanut butter = delicious.

Edit: Steep 2 is good as well. 6 minutes. Banana-y, although not super banana-y. Walnut skin nutty flavour. I think I preferred the Cherry Latte Oolong (??) but this is also tasty.

2.5 tsp in 16 oz for 4 min plus some milk.

Fjellrev

I totally should have had peanut butter with this tea haha. Sounds like a delicious pair.

OMGsrsly

Mmm, peanut butter and banana! :)

The 13th Doctor

AAAAh I’m getting a banana tea soon and this is making me hungry. ___

On this wonderfully stormy night I am sipping A Quarter to Tea’s Banana Nut Pancakes, a surprise sample from Equusfell! The aroma of the brewed tea is spot on and rather delicious. Those inspiration banana walnut pancakes may be on the menu tomorrow!

My first few sips of a new-to-me tea are always straight, even though adding sweetener is pretty standard for me when it comes to dessert teas. Even when I enjoy a dessert tea or otherwise flavored tea straight, I usually find that to my tastebuds, I prefer it when the flavors have been awakened by a bit of sweetener, and often cream or (nondairy) milk as well. Straight, even the best flavored teas I’ve tried are not nearly as compelling to me as unflavored teas. So when I play with flavored tea, I do it up.

As I am with this tea. A spoonful of simple syrup coaxed the delightful aroma into the brewed cup. Simple syrup is convenient since it blends into the tea more evenly than sugar, but sometimes (perhaps when I’ve added too much) I can taste the simple syrup itself, which I don’t love. I found myself thinking, hmm, honey would be nice, and took it one step further, my friends, to the obvious(ly brilliant) conclusion of maple syrup!

Which brings us up to this very sip: real maple, a 4 min steep (this is the 4th steep, and it’s still flavorful), a touch of cream, and wow: this is dessert in a cup.

Sipdown (132)

I may have skipped class but at least I was productive enough to get my studying done and over with. Yay!

So, now I am sipping on this lovely tea and writing tasting notes, with less guilt than before as I knew I was procrastinating earlier. Anyways, as for the tea, it is incredibly nutty and has an essence of baked bread, though with that said, I don’t think I am having the same experience everyone else seemed to have had. It’s pleasant enough but nothing particularly special to me. Meanwhile, everyone seemed to be in love with this. I am wondering if I maybe grabbed more banana pieces when I attempted to make this back on vacation with the shitty Florida water that made everything weird because I got zero banana in this cup. Also, pancakes is a stretch though I could sorta see it from the baked goods element of the base. All in all, it has been fun to try but I doubt it would be a restock for my cupboard.

Speaking of which, I think I need to do a whole reorganization of my teas and my steepster cupboard. I am noticing I don’t have some teas listed while others, I thought I got rid of, are still present. Sometime soon I will need to go through and do an inventory of my stash and hopefully prioritize some teas to drink.

haha better get organised :)

Evol Ving Ness

Yeah, this one also made me wonder whether I was drinking the same tea everyone else was.

VariaTEA

Sil, perhaps tonight!

And Evol Ving Ness, I am so glad its not just me!!