Vanilla Cake Batter

Rooibos Tea
Apple, Cake, Cinnamon, Coconut, Hay, Vanilla, Wood, Rooibos, Sugar, Marshmallow, Sweet, Butter, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

• “I got this as a sample with my AQ2T order (is that how we’re condensing the name here?) and made it as a full pot. Drinking it with milk and sugar because…well cake. Reheated it as well as I...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s very rooibosy, which is to be expected. Not my favorite base in general, but I was curious enough to try it anyway. The sip is mostly rooibos, but I do pick up a bit of the vanilla marshmallow...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tried this one with a little sugar and milk last night, and it’s still the most decadent vanilla frosting-style tea I’ve tried in a long time. I think on the whole I prefer it without additions,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sample time…I always am appreciative of samples included in my orders. I don’t feel I can honestly judge this one as I just can NOT find a way to like rooibos teas…though this one is better than...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Vanilla Cake Batter Rooibos:

Buttery, creamy and self sweetening with accents of rich vanilla and strawberry. Sometimes, we just need to treat ourselves.

Milk and sugar aren’t required, but take this to next level decadence.

All orders come in resealable packaging and include a reusable muslin cotton tea bag.

Ingredients:

Rooibos Tea, Freeze-Dried Marshmallows (sugar, modified cornstarch, corn syrup, dextrose, gelatin), Freeze-Dried Strawberries, Non Pareils, Sprinkles, Shredded Coconut, Natural Flavorings

Brew and Size Instructions:

Use 1-2 teaspoons for an 8 oz cup
Steep for 7-10 minutes at 200F

About A Quarter to Tea View company

I got this as a sample with my AQ2T order (is that how we’re condensing the name here?) and made it as a full pot. Drinking it with milk and sugar because…well cake. Reheated it as well as I forgot I was drinking it and it’s not that great at room temperature.

I can definitely see why it’s named as it is. I’m definitely getting vanilla cakey flavour out of it. One of those super sugary cakes that grocery store bakeries make. I wish it had a little thicker mouthfeel as part of what I like about cake is the spongeyness of it. But this is pretty okay. If I place another order with this company, I’ll probably get more of this. As it is, this is all of my sample and I shall drink it up.

It’s very rooibosy, which is to be expected. Not my favorite base in general, but I was curious enough to try it anyway. The sip is mostly rooibos, but I do pick up a bit of the vanilla marshmallow coconut flavor in the finish. I get a little of the dry mouth feel after each sip. It’s okay, but nothing I’d seek out as a generally rooibos adverse person.

Tried this one with a little sugar and milk last night, and it’s still the most decadent vanilla frosting-style tea I’ve tried in a long time. I think on the whole I prefer it without additions, but it’s excellent either way. My only complaint is that the rooibos is a little more prominent due to the longer brew time I gave it, so as not to drown it completely in milk, but that’s a minor thing when it’s so delicious! Definitely a repurchase.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Sample time…I always am appreciative of samples included in my orders. I don’t feel I can honestly judge this one as I just can NOT find a way to like rooibos teas…though this one is better than most I’ve tried.

Flavors: Apple, Cake, Cinnamon, Coconut, Hay, Vanilla, Wood

Ordered a sample of this and drank it up as a full pot last night. If rooibos blends were like this more often I’d possibly enjoy them. Also goes to show that my dislike of rooibos or honeybush isn’t necessarily towards the base or being over exposed to lower grades; I can sure taste the woody-hay rooibos here. I just think the light coconut-vanilla flavouring works well in conjunction.

Flavors: Cake, Coconut, Hay, Vanilla, Wood

I didn’t enjoy this blend as much as I expected to, but I think it could be because of the name. I was expecting notes of caramel and vanilla bean. Instead I’m getting mostly rooibos with hints of coconut and sugar. It is very good, but I do not taste any caramel, pasty, cake, or cookie like I would have liked. It is pretty good if you ignore the name, but I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone who does not like rooibos.

Flavors: Coconut, Rooibos, Sugar

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Sample. I smell vanilla sugar. I get vanilla cake….rooibos. The rooibos is not woody in this blend so it works. Pretty good tea, but sugary. More sugary than I prefer my teas to be. It did capture it’s intended taste.

Flavors: Cake, Rooibos, Sugar, Vanilla

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BESTEST TEA TWIN IN THE WORLD, ROSWELL STRANGE!!! IN HONOR OF YOUR BIRTHDAY I AM HAVING CAKE (or at least the batter)!

The dry leaf of this tea seems so festive with sprinkles and coconut slivers and silver sugar balls. It seems like it would be a huge punch of flavor. With that said, in a hot brew, all those festive elements leave the tea pretty scummy and the rooibos takes over as the predominant element. The sugar adds sweetness but that just makes it sweet rooibos. Perhaps this would be better the cold brew route?

Roswell Strange

…Not sure why my comment came out blank, but thank you! You’re the best!

Helena

Happy belated birthday to Roswell Strange!!!

I went ahead and ordered a full 2 ounces of this one and I’m glad I did! I shared a pot with my sister over a game of Dominion last night and it made for the perfect indulgent evening treat: light as a cloud caffeine-free vanilla sweetness with none of the dreaded woody rooibos aftertaste. It’s even better with a splash of milk!

Flavors: Marshmallow, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Sadly, this would be the 1st tea that I don’t like at all by a Quarter to Tea. I think though…maybe I will try a lower temp…and I might consider getting another sample of this.
It isn’t terrible, but just…bland.