Orange Rum Truffle

Assam Tea, Black Tea, Chocolate Chips, Natural Flavours, Tangerine, Vanilla
Jam, Malt, Orange, Smooth, Chocolate, Rose, Cocoa, Creamy, Dark Bittersweet, Milk, Rum, Dark Chocolate, Floral, Astringent
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Lexie Aleah

2 Images

• “Ooooo, I’m liking this one! It has a nice orange flavor that makes me think of Butiki’s Three Friends. I’m getting a little chocolate, but not a ton. It could go way heavier on the chocolate IMO...” Read full tasting note
  • “Prep: Used the whole sample pouch in boiling water steeped for 4:15 minutes in a 12oz mug. I can only smell the orange from the dry leaf. Taste wise this is definitely a pleasant tea, though the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (488)! Little bonus sample in my most recent AQTT shipment! I’ve definitely eyed this one up before on the site, but always skip over it because as nice as it sounds the whole orange and...” Read full tasting note
  • “The first time I had this I got one big orange slice and no chocolate. It tasted like juicy-sweet marmalade with astringent malt. Today I have no orange slice and a lot of chocolate. Now it tastes...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Orange Rum Truffle Black Tea:

Crisp orange, rich chocolate and a hint of rum. This tea conjures up a truffle that you can savor much, much longer and without the guilt. Positively sinful.

Takes milk and sugar well.

All orders come in resealable packaging and include a reusable muslin cotton tea bag.

Ingredients:

Organic Nilgiri Black Tea, Organic Assam Black Tea, Freeze Dried Tangerine, Mini Chocolate Chips

Brew and Size Instructions:

Use 1-2 teaspoons for an 8 oz cup
Steep for 3-5 minutes at 200F water

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Ooooo, I’m liking this one! It has a nice orange flavor that makes me think of Butiki’s Three Friends. I’m getting a little chocolate, but not a ton. It could go way heavier on the chocolate IMO and get some of those base notes filled in. I don’t know that I can pick out the rum though. I added cream and feel like I might be getting the rum now in the finish. I’m likely to go through this sample quick!

I can only smell the orange from the dry leaf.

Taste wise this is definitely a pleasant tea, though the name isn’t quite accurate. I noticed that others tasted chocolate and kept searching for the chocolate in my mug and the rum and found none. The predominant flavor is orange which blends nicely with the assam. This pairs very well with milk and doesn’t require sweetener. Orange isn’t one of my favorite flavors per-say so I really was missing the other flavors in this cup but still thoroughly enjoyed it. I was able to get 3 tasty 12 oz cups out of the sample. Which is more than the other’s I’ve tried so far. I don’t have much else to say about this. If your someone who likes orange marmalade and black tea you’ll definitely love this.

Flavors: Jam, Malt, Orange, Smooth

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

Sipdown (488)!

Little bonus sample in my most recent AQTT shipment!

I’ve definitely eyed this one up before on the site, but always skip over it because as nice as it sounds the whole orange and chocolate pairing is so easily accessible that I usually opt to focus on the more unique offerings that Lauren has.

Steeped up, sure enough this is basically just chocolate and orange. It channels the same delicious, smooth and sweet “Terry’s Chocolate Orange” flavour that I’ve experienced with so many other company’s take on the pairing and while it definitely IS really well done and balanced I’m also finding that the rum notes are missing for me and that was the only element to this tea that would have put it a notch above similar teas.

Definitely tasty, and if you’re looking for a good chocolate orange blend for your cupboard and already placing an order with AQTT then you’re not going to be doing yourself a disservice picking up this one, but it’s not the kind of tea that I think someone would go out of their way to get specifically from AQTT when they have so many other equally tasty but more unique offerings.

Today I have no orange slice and a lot of chocolate. Now it tastes like one of those chocolate Christmas oranges, especially after I added milk. Sweet tangerine notes to finish.

I’m not the biggest fan of marmalade or orange chocolate, but anyone who is shouldn’t hesitate to give this tea a chance. The malty raisin-rose assam/nilgiri blend makes the tea even fancier and gives it a rounder profile.

Flavors: Chocolate, Jam, Malt, Orange, Rose

Sipdown! This one’s particularly rummy today. I had recalled it being a bit more like Butiki’s Two Friends, but today it’s definitely not. I do prefer Two Friends; probably for the base and more intense flavouring. I may have also used more water than I should have.

I can’t find this in my cupboard anywhere. Wahhhhhh!
Must do a thorough investigation. When nobody is home so they don’t see all the tea things everywhere while I sort

Hope you will find it!

Indigobloom

Gah it has been too long since I logged in. Sorry just saw this! Still haven’t found it. Did a half sort – was interrupted and had to put everything away

Fjellrev

Oh snap, I’m sure it’ll turn up. I’m having the same problem with a deluxe sample of a face cream. Can’t find it anywhere haha.

Indigobloom

Fingers crossed for both of us! Oh samples are the worst. So tiny they get lost easily :/

Fjellrev

Exactly! Knowing our luck, they’ll turn up when we’re not actually deliberately looking for them.

Indigobloom

LOL isn’t that always the way things happen. I suppose the real question is, who will find theirs first? the race is on :P

Haha my money’s on you!

I’m hoping for a tie. Keep me posted :D

Fjellrev

Haha still no sign on mine yet.

lol same!

Indigobloom

Found it!!! any luck with yours?

Fjellrev

Way to be! No, I haven’t yet haha. I probably won’t until I finally get my moving situation all tied up.

Indigobloom

Aw that sucks!!! Maybe you’ll get lucky and find it sooner

Fjellrev

Was it in a really weird place or is it one of those situations where it ended up being in an obvious place that was still overlooked?

Indigobloom

I have a lot of my sample teas in a bin and this one is that weird amount where its larger than a sample but not quite enough for a tin. Somehow it slipped behind my bin. Annoyed because I looked there more than once and yet somehow it was there this time…

Fjellrev

I totally know what you mean! It was playing mind games with you, clearly. ;)

Indigobloom

I know right?! sneaky tea :P

Sipdown number 8! This isn’t my favorite AQTT blend but it’s not bad. Basically it tastes primarily like black tea with an overlay of dark chocolate orange. Not a restock for me.

Maddy Barone

Ooh, I really like that one. I think it’s the little whiff of rum. :)

A very mellow, unobtrusive tea. I typically like aggressive teas that show up and throttle you and yell things in your face while you’re trying to live your life, but a chill tea has a time and a place, too. It’s a nice ease-into-the-week blend.

I finished this one off last night. It is sad to see it go, because it was a fave from AQ2T, yet I’m excited about having more room in the tea drawer.

Does anyone else feel like that? A favorite tea is gone and you mourn, but you’re also excited, because now you can order something else?

I had planned to make big orders for Black Friday. But looking at the budget and the amount of tea left to drink, I think I have to be sensible and not do it. That makes me kinda pouty. Adulting is hard.

maybe just do a single small order to treat yourself?

Maddy Barone

I did go ahead and place a small order from 52Teas.

Yay!

I could smell the malty smooth tea before I even took the first sip. I love that in a tea.

Unfortunately I can’t taste orange/fruit, but there is a heavy cocoa/chocolate presence and the tea base is dark and lovely. It tastes like a good after dinner tea with the malt and strong black tea taste. This would be lovely with a touch of honey (although I think it has the perfect amount of sweetness right now) and some milk to balance the cocoa. Overall it is very pleasant and not bitter or thin at all.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Dark Bittersweet, Malt, Milk, Smooth