Hazelnut, Nutty, Pecan, Smooth, Toasted, Caramel, Chocolate, Nuts, Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

• “One word- WOW. I have been really picky with tea lately. Especially with nut flavors, because I feel like they all taste the same. Ive been trying different companies and none of them have nutty...” Read full tasting note
  • “My cup smells like chocolate caramel nut praline, with maybe a hint of salt, and it’s the best thing ever. Today, the aroma even matches the taste, which wasn’t the case the other night! While it...” Read full tasting note
  • “I think I overleafed this the first time, and it was way too strong. The underlying flavours were good though – I mostly tasted syrupy hazelnut. Hopefully round two is better.” Read full tasting note
  • “I haven’t written up a note for this tea yet??? I had a bad weekend due to the autistic child upstairs. They are good neighbors. Their TV isn’t loud, I don’t hear them yelling, they rarely have...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Turtle Dove Black Tea:

On the first day of winter, my tea love gave to me…

Hopefully this tea, because it’s sure to warm even the coldest heart! Chocolate, caramel, hazelnut and pecan praline black tea. What could be better?

All orders come in resealable packaging and include a reusable muslin cotton tea bag.

Ingredients:

Ceylon black tea, cacao nibs, pecans, natural flavors

Brew and Size Instructions:

Use 1-2 teaspoons for an 8 oz cup
Steep for 4-5 minutes at 200F water

About A Quarter to Tea View company

One word- WOW. I have been really picky with tea lately. Especially with nut flavors, because I feel like they all taste the same. Ive been trying different companies and none of them have nutty teas that are unique. Except for this one. I have never tasted a blend like this before. I swear I can taste the toastedness of the pecans. I can taste the hazelnut. And normally I dont like chocolate in tea, but really it just accentuates the nuttiness and lends some creaminess to the overall cup. This isn’t artificial tasting at all and the black tea is smooth- not bitter or astringent. I’ll be ordering more. Wish this came in a caffeine-free version.

Flavors: Hazelnut, Nutty, Pecan, Smooth, Toasted

My cup smells like chocolate caramel nut praline, with maybe a hint of salt, and it’s the best thing ever. Today, the aroma even matches the taste, which wasn’t the case the other night! While it was enjoyable yesterday, in the way of generic chocolate-nut teas, it wasn’t quite at this level of awesome.

The main flavours I’m picking up are chocolate and hazelnut- so essentially nutella. The pecans become more prevalent as I sip through the cup too. Caramel is secondary and comes in waves of gooey goodness.

This has made the room smell incredible. Now I don’t want to leave.

Steep Count: 2

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Hazelnut, Nutty, Pecan

I haven’t written up a note for this tea yet???

I had a bad weekend due to the autistic child upstairs. They are good neighbors. Their TV isn’t loud, I don’t hear them yelling, they rarely have parties. The only issue I have is the running and jumping from their 8 year old autistic son. The running and jumping is a daily occurrence. And every couple of days he has a melt down. This is not something that is in their control, so I try to not let myself get worked up about it. But saturday it began around 7:30. It was still going strong when I left at 10:00, and when I came home at 3:00 it was STILL going on. Sunday was just as bad. And today there was no school, so it was a bad day again.

All that is to say that I wanted to baby myself a little tonight. I made honey toast and a pot of this tea. It is nummy. Probably not going to solve any of my issues, but it is a delicious, creamy tea. Sort of chocolaty (I bet it would be more chocolaty if I could smell it and taste it) and creamy. Just a nice tea that I don’t drink often because I want to reserve it for stressful days like these so I can feel like I am pampering myself.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
Indigobloom

Sounds like great self care to me :)

Evol Ving Ness

As someone with neighbour issues, I totally get it. For me now, beyond the various ways that they encroach on my life, it is the repeated and profound intrusion that gets to me. And yes, tea helps.

Fjellrev

I’m sorry, Maddy (and Evol too!), it’s too bad that we can’t sound-, smell-, and stupidity-proof our dwellings.

Turtle dove?! What the hell is a turtle dove? Is that some candy bar or confection reference? I feel some googling is in order.
When steeped this tea smells familiar. It reminds me a little of TWG’s NY Breakfast and American breakfast, of Marriage Freres’s Wedding Imperial, of nutty chocolate teas. When I sip, I get a slightly malty chocolate nut tea. It, like many others I have tried that were similar to it, are a little flat in taste. I get high notes and base notes… maybe the middle is missing? Many of these teas (like Wedding Imperial) required a bit of adjustment and cream to get the perfect cup. I’m guessing the same may be true for this tea. Adding cream and sugar… and yes! Much better! The cream fills things in a bit. It takes over the sip a bit, but then heightens the chocolate and nuts which take turns and sometimes merge in the aftertaste. There is a slight dryness in my mouth after each sip. I would have to think long and hard about if I like this better than NY Breakfast and if it should become a cupboard staple.

Nattie

A turtle dove is a bird… it’s just a kind of dove haha.

Nattie

It won’t let me edit my comment, but they’re in the 12 days of Christmas song. (:

Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

Yes! It was a tea I created in winter based off this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_(chocolate) confection (thus the Turtle Dove name) :)

Nattie

I’ve never heard of those! How disturbingly delicious-sounding…

Dustin

Ah ha, cool! So I was kind of right about the candy part. :)

Nattie

Is there an American chocolate called a Dove bar? I think they’re called something different over here but I’m not sure which one it is… Galaxy maybe?

Dustin

We do have Dove bars, but that is a brand of chocolate, not so much a specialty bar. I thought Galaxy bars were similar to Mars bars… nougat and caramel covered in chocolate?

Nattie

You can get caramel versions etc. now too but it was originally just chocolate.

Rec’d this as a free sample with my big order – the sample was about half the amount of tea I normally use for my mug, so even though I tried to use less water it still was weaker than I’m accustomed to/than I prefer.
The chocolate/caramel/nut notes that I could detect were pleasant enough, just very faint. I’m not going to rate this numerically because the parameters were not up to snuff for me, but I did enjoy my cup this afternoon at work!

This was included as a sample in my latest Quarter to Tea order, which was very sweet!
I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate teas, but as chocolate teas go, this is a pretty good one. Its creamy and sweet, with a lot of the hazelnut flavors peeking out. The chocolate does not dominate.
As its not exactly my type of tea, I’ll hold off on rating it, but I will say Sipdown!

Sipdown (146)!

This is a queued tasting note.

Drank this one as a commute tea earlier in the week; I’ve been working so much at both jobs this week that I’ve gotten so behind on my tasting notes so I’m trying to sneak in a handful tonight. Gotta keep things short and to the point though…

On that note; I liked this one well enough but it’s definitely not something I’d order again. In fact, it’s not even something I picked out for myself in the first place: it was my free sample from my order that was selected for me. But it wasn’t bad; it was just really chocolate without a lot of other flavour to give it any sort of depth or nuance. Yeah, smooth, rich and creamy chocolate – but just chocolate. I’m not too big into chocolate teas, so it didn’t thrill me. I appreciate it for what it was though.

Sipdown (117)

The whole sample of this went towards making an incredibly smooth and silky iced latte. It reminds me of Tea Desire’s Walnut Truffle due to the fudgy/nutty notes but there is also a ribbon of caramel wrapped throughout that is acting like an awesome bow to tie it all together. I actually really enjoyed this and ended up finishing the cup quicker than I expected. Guess I enjoyed it :P

Fay

Mmm…sounds delicious!

Roswell Strange

Mmm! Sounds really nice :)

Evol Ving Ness

Yup, this one is really good with milk. Ah, milk!

Mmm. This blend seems just right for a snow storm. I like it with a healthy dash of rice milk. It adds a slight sweetness and creaminess that complements the caramel and milk chocolate notes beautifully. I’m not really getting any nuttiness but that’s fine by me.