Raspberry Almond Shortbread

Black Fruit Blend
Almonds, Freeze Dried Raspberries, Honeysuckle, Natural Flavours, Yunnan Black Tea
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From A Quarter to Tea

Tea of the Month for December 2016

Beautiful winding Dian Hong leaves, with cocoa and honey and a touch of smoke, blended with a sweet pastry, raspberry, and almond flavors.

Base – Dian Hong
Region – Yunnan, China
Flavor & Characteristics – sweet, nutty, pastry, fruity, honey, butter
How to Steep – 3-5 minutes at 200F
Ingredients: yunnan black tea, raw almonds, honeysuckle, freeze-dried raspberries natural flavors

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Pretty tasty fruity/nutty black. Nice and robust. Didn’t particularly taste like shortbread, but that’s ok.

I can’t drink this tea straight. There is a bitter edge and something lacking, but when I add a little creamer it all goes away and it turns into the perfectly balanced cup! The flavors are bold, but not overwhelming. The raspberry and almond pair so nicely together. I haven’t picked out the shortbread part in these past couple cups, but I wasn’t really paying attention because I was lost in how delicious the tea was. It even resteeps well the next day.
So. Good.

Way too sweet. Think raspberry marzipan tea. Some might love it. I am going to have to retry it. I can totally see this with milk and cream, though. I’ll have to update when I do so.