Grilled Spiced Banana

Black Fruit Honeybush Blend
Allspice, Banana, Black Tea, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Cocoa Nibs, Honeybush, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Red Peppercorn, Rose Hips, Safflower
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From A Quarter to Tea

Tea of the Month January 2017

Smoky, sweet with a touch of cognac. This warming almost-chai is sure to get you through long January nights.

For an extra special treat, melt in a spoonful of ice cream for an all in one cream and sugar experience!

Base: Lapsang
Region: China
Flavor & Characteristics: sweet, warming, fruity, smoky, banana, chai spices
How to Steep: 3-4 minutes at 200F

Ingredients: black tea, honeybush tea, banana chips (banana, sugar, coconut oil), cocoa nibs, cinnamon bark, rose hips, allspice, red peppercorn, cinnamon bark, orange peel, cloves, safflower, natural flavors

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Sipdown (331)

I used the entire sample of this to make both a latte and a plain cup of tea. The lapsang smelled so strongly of smoke but I had some giant pieces of banana so I am hoping the flavors balance.

I of course topped the latte with whipped cream which immediately latched on to the banana flavor. So I instantly got creamy banana medicine. As I drink the tea, the smoke really takes over, pushing the banana to the aftertaste. Flavorwise I am getting the grill but the spiced smoke smell is so pungent that I find I have to prepare myself to take each sip. I like it but at the same time I don’t.

Drinking the plain tea, I think the latte brought out some of the flavors more. I feel like the smoke is less pungent but there is also less banana in the plain tea.

I think overall this tea is quite good but I think it is so distinctly flavored that it is a one and done sort of thing otherwise it would be easy to grow tired of the flavor.

Drinking this with milk today. Has a strong candy banana smell, still there in the sip but not as strong. Not getting as much smokiness as I would like but perhaps the milk is affecting that?

I had this one the other day – still enjoying this but i really wish there was more banana flavour. the lapsang makes for an interesting combination but more banana would be delicious :)

VariaTEA

lol you always want more banana

I fell in love with this tea towards the end of the bag. I’d crave it and search it out in my cupboard. It was released last January and I’m hoping it is a seasonal thing that will come around again… next month. Fingers crossed!

VariaTEA

I should probably try this.