Tamarind Orange Pop

Edit tea info Last updated by derk

• “Sipdown! 126/365! This is absolutely delightful today. Short infusion, and that seems to be the sweet spot – it’s bright, delicious orange with a caramel sweetness. Still not really sure about...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is the best orange flavor I’ve found in a tea, plus there’s a delicious hint of creaminess here. When I was picking out teas I had a hard time deciding whether to get this one or not, because...” Read full tasting note
  • “this one is really tasty! Tangerine like..not orange creamsicle but tasty vanilla tangerine.I’ve never had tamarind so i can’t speak to that side of things, but this is a tasty treat! thanks...” Read full tasting note
  • “Had this one eeeaarrrllyyy last week and I sadly don’t remember the specifics of the mug, only that it delivered on the orange flavour that I know and love it for and really liked it a lot. I also...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Product description not available yet.

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Sipdown! 126/365!

This is absolutely delightful today. Short infusion, and that seems to be the sweet spot – it’s bright, delicious orange with a caramel sweetness. Still not really sure about tamarind, but it’s so good I don’t care. Upping the rating just a tad, 76 from 72. Kind of want more of this.

This is the best orange flavor I’ve found in a tea, plus there’s a delicious hint of creaminess here. When I was picking out teas I had a hard time deciding whether to get this one or not, because I have no love for darjeeling, but I adore all the citrus, especially orange. Happily this darjeeling isn’t bugging me at all. It’s like a mellow black base, which is great, I’m not even getting the muscatel, just beautiful orange.

this one is really tasty! Tangerine like..not orange creamsicle but tasty vanilla tangerine.I’ve never had tamarind so i can’t speak to that side of things, but this is a tasty treat! thanks VariaTEA!

Had this one eeeaarrrllyyy last week and I sadly don’t remember the specifics of the mug, only that it delivered on the orange flavour that I know and love it for and really liked it a lot. I also remember that I had a MASSIVE hunk of tamarind in the leaf I’d measured out.

Does anyone else make a really good tamarind tea? I now find myself craving one.

Kawaii433

This sounds like a tea right up my alley. I am a tamarind freak.

When my sample of this was steeping I noticed what looked like actually orange/tangerine pieces. Not dehydrated sections still on the rind, literal pieces like the ones you would eat. The orange flavor here tastes like actual orange juice too and not the stuff you pour from a bottle but rather the juice you taste when eating an orange. There is also a slight caramel quality though very faint, which is consistent with the only other Tamarind tea I have tried. There is also just a touch of pithiness.

I wonder if the temperature is playing any role here since this has completely cooled since I made it a few hours ago. I worry that maybe hot, the orange might be hidden but who knows. Then again the pithiness could be hidden too and the caramel could be bit more present.