Red Wine Apple Cake

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “apple grape juice. Not really getting “cake” out of this one or red wine. But maybe that’s because red wine cakes don’t really tend to taste like wine…or because i like my red wines bold and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Birthday “Cake Tea” Tasting 8/8 The final cake tea from my birthday tea tasting! Honestly, this is also the cake tea in the line up that felt the least cake like as well – even less so than the...” Read full tasting note
  • “My mom has decided she wants to try a bunch of cake recipes so we have been spending the day baking. This tea showed up in the midst of the baking and since at the time I was making a white wine...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Product description not available yet.

About A Quarter to Tea View company

apple grape juice. Not really getting “cake” out of this one or red wine. But maybe that’s because red wine cakes don’t really tend to taste like wine…or because i like my red wines bold and rich. Still an enjoyable afternoon cup! thanks VariaTEA!

Birthday “Cake Tea” Tasting 8/8

The final cake tea from my birthday tea tasting! Honestly, this is also the cake tea in the line up that felt the least cake like as well – even less so than the Phatty Cake from Mandala Tea, which is just straight pu’erh. However, I love this blend with a deep passion and for me it was way up there with the best teas from this tasting. Probably my second favourite overall, if not tied for my first with Coffee Cake.

It was very divisive with everyone else though – and I get it because there are some INTENSE flavours in this blend. Like, the apple flavour that AQ2T uses is probably the most aromatic and intense apple flavouring I’ve ever had in any tea, and it’s also got some wicked strong floral undertones to it too; that is DEFINITELY not for everyone. However, some people just eat that shit up – like me. I’ve never been unhappy with that flavouring in any of Lauren’s blend. Plus, the grapey/muscatel/wine note in this tea? Equally intense, juicy, sweet, and floral. It could totally be too much for someone. Plus, even if you like one of those flavourings having two(!) intense fruit flavourings together could be the straw that does it in for you…

So, about 1/2 of us loved this and 1/2 didn’t. Though most everyone agreed that whether you liked this blend or not it was the most unique and interesting tea from the tasting. So that’s something! Plus, I was just really happy to have it in the line up – I adore this blend so much!

My mom has decided she wants to try a bunch of cake recipes so we have been spending the day baking. This tea showed up in the midst of the baking and since at the time I was making a white wine crack cake and a caramel apple bread, this seemed like the bridge between the two.

There is a distinctive grape note that does lean towards wine while the apple pops up now and again. It is a touch buttery/pastry from the white base but I don’t know if I would go as far as to say it is “cake”. I think the contrast between the red wine and the apple cake just creates too much for the flavors to really connect. It is an alright cup of tea but not my favorite.

Roswell Strange

I wish these teas were on the websiteeeee

VariaTEA

She usually adds them at the end of the month.

Roswell Strange

I’ll keep an eye out; this one and the Soylent Green both really intrigue me :)

VariaTEA

I can share :)

Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

Hello! I should have them up in the next week or so :) We were just at the Midwest Tea Fest, and instead of closing down for the week so inventory didn’t get messed up, I opted to postpone putting up the most recent limiteds until after the show.