Red Wine Apple Cake

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “apple grape juice. Not really getting “cake” out of this one or red wine. But maybe that’s because red wine cakes don’t really tend to taste like wine…or because i like my red wines bold and...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t even know how to convey how excited I am to have a large stash of this tea at my disposal now, but I am VERY stoked about it! I’ve been hoarding this tea, along with all my apple blends...” Read full tasting note
  • “My mom has decided she wants to try a bunch of cake recipes so we have been spending the day baking. This tea showed up in the midst of the baking and since at the time I was making a white wine...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Product description not available yet.

About A Quarter to Tea View company

apple grape juice. Not really getting “cake” out of this one or red wine. But maybe that’s because red wine cakes don’t really tend to taste like wine…or because i like my red wines bold and rich. Still an enjoyable afternoon cup! thanks VariaTEA!

I don’t even know how to convey how excited I am to have a large stash of this tea at my disposal now, but I am VERY stoked about it! I’ve been hoarding this tea, along with all my apple blends from AQ2T, for a while now because I love them so much but now I don’t need to…

Potent, sweet, juicy, dense, floral – even boozy.

It’s such a particular but excellent apple flavour, and this mug made me smile soooo much.

tea-sipper

now you don’t need to hoard it?? Is Quarter to Tea back?

Roswell Strange

No, I just bought 4 oz of it when they went on hiatus – but it took a while to get to me (part of a group order).

tea-sipper

OH got it.

My mom has decided she wants to try a bunch of cake recipes so we have been spending the day baking. This tea showed up in the midst of the baking and since at the time I was making a white wine crack cake and a caramel apple bread, this seemed like the bridge between the two.

There is a distinctive grape note that does lean towards wine while the apple pops up now and again. It is a touch buttery/pastry from the white base but I don’t know if I would go as far as to say it is “cake”. I think the contrast between the red wine and the apple cake just creates too much for the flavors to really connect. It is an alright cup of tea but not my favorite.

Roswell Strange

I wish these teas were on the websiteeeee

VariaTEA

She usually adds them at the end of the month.

Roswell Strange

I’ll keep an eye out; this one and the Soylent Green both really intrigue me :)

VariaTEA

I can share :)

Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

Hello! I should have them up in the next week or so :) We were just at the Midwest Tea Fest, and instead of closing down for the week so inventory didn’t get messed up, I opted to postpone putting up the most recent limiteds until after the show.