Sweet Potato Raisin Cookie

Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From A Quarter to Tea

Product description not available yet.

About A Quarter to Tea View company

I made this as a latte and expected it to be the typical cinnamon spiced flavor that was quite common in AQ2T blends from Fall-Winter last year. Though I can definitely detect that usual spice profile, it seems to be tamed by the latte prep method or something else in this tea. I’m enjoying it, especially in comparison to the other latte I had recently, Lavender Cream.

There is also a nice sweetness here that I can’t really attribute to anything in particular. For all I know, it could be the milk. Essentially this is a sugar and spice blend oh-so-popular as the temperature cools.

Drank this… recall it was spicy, possibly too spicy. Should probably write a better note later. I don’t believe it was a fave for me though.

I had kind of forgotten I had this tea. Oops.

So… I hate raisin cookies, but I love sweet potato, and I have a particular fascination with sweet potato flavoured teas so that’s what drew me into trying this one, against my better judgement.

All things said, done, and steeped it actually tastes neither like raisin cookies or sweet potato, though. I’ve now had this ingredient in enough of AQ2T’s blends to be really familiar with it, but what it tastes like it that super, super robust Ceylon Cinnamon that Lauren’s really favoured as of late. In fact, it basically only tastes like cinnamon. In terms of accuracy to the intended flavour, it’s definitely a miss for me. However, I happen to REALLY like the taste of that cinnamon. It’s SO rich/intense, and leaves a pleasant tingly feeling on my tongue.

So, even though I don’t think the tea is a good recreation of what it’s named after I definitely still like the taste a lot. I’d love to see this cinnamon continued to be used in blends, just hopefully with some ingredients that can stand up to its intensity. A cinnamon poached pear, for example, could be a really lovely thing!

“Someone” should get around to trying her teas! Until then…guess it’s on me for first reviews haha. Not a fan of this one…it’s very holiday spice….a little too much clove? i think it is…

VariaTEA