Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Not totally sure what a Hobnail/Scotchtail is aside from it being a cocktail of some type; based on the ingredients list I’d assume something with ginger/spices and citrus? That seems weird to me...” Read full tasting note
  • “Noooope. Not a tea for me. I wasn’t thrilled that this was a flavoured green, to begin with, but I did not care for the flavouring. There are hops in here (yuck), and something else that I wasn’t...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

A tea take on a scotch-tail for dark evenings and cold nights.

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Not totally sure what a Hobnail/Scotchtail is aside from it being a cocktail of some type; based on the ingredients list I’d assume something with ginger/spices and citrus? That seems weird to me though because the dry leaf of this tea smells extremely potently (and deliciously) of concentrated spearmint oil. Spearmint isn’t in the ingredients list at all, unless it’s one of the natural flavours in the blend, so I’m not sure exactly what I’m smelling but I like it!

Steeped up, this is still sweet and vaguely spearmint-y to me – but not as intense and strong as the dry leaf aroma I was getting. Aside from that I get a thin citrus note and a bit of ginger but it’s all coming together in a rather amalgamous way where the taste is just this soothing, sweet/warming cup that is vaguely boozy but nothing really distinct. It’s really quite different from what I’d expected, but I enjoyed the cup a lot despite that!

I just wish I knew a little more exactly what the inspo is and what’s going on with the spearmint I’m picking up.

Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

The spearmint thing is weird for sure — there was a single drop of food grade spearmint oil to the batch added because I wanted a juniper essence without it dominating the blend, and it ended up pairing with the other herbals for something juniper-y to me, but it’s awesome you found it.

The biggest inspo for this was was the Italian liquor Amaro Averna, which is a bittersweet herbal concoction that has a bit of ginger, a bit of citrus, a bit of sage, a bit of this and a bit of that. It’s so unique I wanted to play with/try to capture the flavor profile. It’s a dominant feature of a Hobnail cocktail. :)

Noooope. Not a tea for me. I wasn’t thrilled that this was a flavoured green, to begin with, but I did not care for the flavouring. There are hops in here (yuck), and something else that I wasn’t keen on. Alcohol/cocktail lovers might find this more appealing; it’s definitely not for me.