Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “Probably not a tea I’d have picked up due to the peppermint, but when it’s part of a subscription, you get everything! It’s kind of strange… it tastes like a fairly reasonable minty black, but then...” Read full tasting note
  • “Certainly very distinctly smokey tasting, but this cup actually leaned more heavily towards the peppermint in the brew more than anything else – much to my surprise. In fact, while I deeply loved...” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Tea of the Month for May 2019

Be the dragon!

Spicy and smoky just like breathing fire should be.

black tea, green tea, peppermint, peppermint candy (corn syrup, sugar, peppermint oil, titanium dioxide [color]), natural flavors

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Probably not a tea I’d have picked up due to the peppermint, but when it’s part of a subscription, you get everything! It’s kind of strange… it tastes like a fairly reasonable minty black, but then when you swallow, there’s this poof of smoky acridity. Before then, the smoke is difficult (at least for me) to perceive in the flavour.

Honestly, this tea makes me think much more of (SPOILER) whichever dragon it was that was killed and raised from the dead by the white walkers – minty/icy cold, with smoke. As opposed to ‘Dracarys’, which inevitably makes me think of spice/heat and smoke.

May try this as a sweetened latte.

Certainly very distinctly smokey tasting, but this cup actually leaned more heavily towards the peppermint in the brew more than anything else – much to my surprise. In fact, while I deeply loved this one, I was shocked that halfway through the cup I found myself thinking that the profile seemed to have much less bite/edge to it than my first tasting, and I wanted a stronger and more abrasive flavour from the cup. I imagine I’m probably the only one who wants that – but none the less it’s what I was craving.