Watermelon Blues

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From A Quarter to Tea

Tea of the Month for May 2019

You won’t have the blues while drinking this tea featuring a base of blue oolong

oolong tea, lemongrass, periwinkle, butterfly pea blossom, cornflower, natural flavors

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Thanks to amandastory516 for sharing this tea! I love trying different melon teas, and this one smells so fresh and amazing. Sometimes there’s a little bitterness at the end of the sip. This tea was flavorless until I added sugar, which really helped to amplify the flavors. The watermelon flavor is decently tasty. I’d prefer it on an herbal base since I don’t love oolong in general, but for what it is, it’s pretty well done. The resteep was all oolong.

Loved that it was blue, but the flavour was also decent here, nice and melony. Nice base tea as well, and the flavour came through.

Made myself a mug of this to have first thing at work today, and I must have got a scoop without any butterfly pea flower at all because it steeped out a yellow-ish colour the same as a normal cup of greener oolong would. The taste was nice though; the same watermelon notes that I’ve described in previous tasting notes for this blend. Felt light, refreshing, and, summery.