Green White Blend
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Custom Blends, Sarah Prothero

White tea infused with ripe, sweet pear and succulent peony, with a dash of spiced green. If there’s one thing I learned from Buffy, is that you can be girly and still be kickass.

White Tea, Green Tea, White Peony, Apple Pieces, Natural Pear Flavor, Orange, Natural Spice Flavor, Cinnamon & Ginger

Teas: White Pear, White Peony, Spiced Green

Accented With Rose Petals

About Adagio Custom Blends, Sarah Prothero View company

1 Tasting Note

Last tasting note of the night/from my queue…

I had this one last week, while doing my French BTVS rewatch, and I thought it was alright. I put off writing the tasting note because I wanted to continue the exploration of what my Buffy themed tea would entail, and I couldn’t actually come up with a concept for her that I liked. So, I’ll have to keep thinking and hopefully the next time I drink this tea I’ll have a better idea of what direction I might want to take it.

I don’t know that I necessarily “get” the direction for this blend either, even though from a flavour perspective I’m HELLA on board with a spiced pear type of flavour profile. The dry leaf smelled amazingly like pear too, which was exciting. I know I’ve actually had this pear white tea in several Adagio fandom blends and I think I usually like that note a lot, so when Adagio reached out recently and let me pick some samples to try I did deliberately choose the Pear White because of blends like this one that use it – I’d love to experience it without it being cut with other blends.

The steeped cup does have that yummy dewy sweet floral pear note that I enjoy, but it’s a little over taken by more dominating spice flavours. It’s a little weird, I instinctively want to compare it to DT’s Ginger Pear because that’s the spiced pear blend I have the most familiarity with but I didn’t find them similar at all in my memory. A direct comparison could be interesting, but I doubt I’ll try it because I’m trying to really keep these teas (the Buffy ones) special by ONLY having them when I watch episodes…

Something about the overall flavour reminded me of Christmas though!? It was super nostalgic in a way I couldn’t place. I’m sure it was one of the spices, maybe like a nutmeg/allspice if that’s one of the ingredients in the spiced blends in this mix? It was just that same warming and cozy holiday tea vibe, though! It was a touch thin, I’ll try to remember to steep it stronger next time and maybe that will help me really nail down why this gave me that Christmas-y feeling of Deja Vu.