Rooibos Pecan Turtle

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “Chocolate teas rarely win me over. They always seem thin and disappointing. This tea, I must say, is completely awesome. The tea seems thick because it’s so full of desserty flavor. The chocolate...” Read full tasting note
  • “This does NOT taste like a pecan turtle… I knew as soon as I smelled the dry leaf that this tea would taste quite sad. I mean, it literally just smells like rooibos. Steeped, there’s maybe a hint...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Tea

Our Rooibos Pecan Turtle, like its namesake, is blended with the smooth rich flavors you know and love. The sweetness of chocolate and caramel are beautifully rounded off with the nuttiness of pecan, brewing up to a wonderfully complex cup that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. A lovely caffeine free tisane ideal as a late night treat.

About Adagio Tea View company

Chocolate teas rarely win me over. They always seem thin and disappointing. This tea, I must say, is completely awesome. The tea seems thick because it’s so full of desserty flavor. The chocolate and pecan come through so clearly. The rooibos is just a supporting background player that you don’t really notice. I had to drink this one slowly, letting each sip linger for a long time because the flavor really sticks around. This is one of the best dessert teas I’ve ever had, and definitely one of my Adagio favorites.

This does NOT taste like a pecan turtle…

I knew as soon as I smelled the dry leaf that this tea would taste quite sad. I mean, it literally just smells like rooibos. Steeped, there’s maybe a hint of chocolate and a little bit of chicory but the profile is REALLY bland and the last thing that I was describe it as is “rich” or sweet/decadent. This might have been the most disappointing thing from this cluster of teas for me, as the concept is really tasty sounding – but the delivery just isn’t there.