Clotted Cream

Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

• “This is one of the blends I made for myself on Adagio Teas. While studying abroad in England at 19, I was introduced to this wonderful, rich treat called Devonshire Clotted Cream. I would make the...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

This simple blend of cream and vanilla commemorates my favorite teatime treat!

About Adagio Teas View company

This is one of the blends I made for myself on Adagio Teas.

While studying abroad in England at 19, I was introduced to this wonderful, rich treat called Devonshire Clotted Cream. I would make the time to steal away for “Cream Tea” and have Earl Grey with clotted cream on scones with jam—it was heavenly.

There’s definitely nothing like clotted cream here in the States, so whenever I have it, it brings back so many good memories of that time in England. It was my first taste of real independence—abroad and on my own! So I made a tea to commemorate that feeling.

I’m happy to say it came out really well. It’s just a simple blend of mostly cream and vanilla, but it’s very comforting and smells so rich and cozy. It has a malty, almost toasty scent and the vanilla is subtle but delicious.

I had a tough day at work, but I’m slowly winding down with this tea and I almost feel like myself again.

Cofftea

This sounds really good, but it also sounds like a tea I’d drink out of tiny espresso cups as it also sounds like it’d be sickeningly sweet in large quantities.

Stephanie

It’s more creamy than sweet. And the black tea base adds some bitterness to even it out.

Doulton

I love a good proper British cream tea. Why are the scones in the USA the size and density of boulders? That sounds like a good tea and I may be compelled to buy it.

katie-dot-lazansky

Do you add some cream to make it creamier or is it okay just as is?