Strawberry

Strawberry, Malt, Sour, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

From Adagio Teas

Historians believe that the name ‘strawberry’ comes from an Old English tradition of placing straw on the ground around this fruit, preventing slugs and other insects from enjoying a free lunch. Once you try the delicious Strawberry Tea, you’re sure to see why they were so protective. Combining the succulent taste of sweet strawberries with bright Ceylon black tea, this is a treat you’ll keep for yourself!

About Adagio Teas View company

I actually had two strawberry black teas today, this one from Adagio and one from Margaret’s.

Adagio’s base makes itself more well-known with that tannic, malty flavor, so much so that the strawberry tends to take a back seat in the overall experience.

The strawberry flavor, while more realistic than Margaret’s, is slightly sour and weak. I have to say that I prefer Margaret’s. Adagio’s strawberry might benefit from some sugar. Maybe a little milk for some strawberries and cream action.

Flavors: Malt, Sour, Strawberry, Tannin

It was interesting to glance through the reviews of this one. They are all over the place. My personal take is the flavor of the strawberry is more subtle than the dry scent would suggest. Then again so is the Ceylon base. Several of the reviews commented (complained?) that the base is too harsh. Being a tea barbarian who expects an inexpensive flavored tea to grab you by the throat, I found this one to be very gentle. I did not get any bitterness or strong astringency. There was only a mild bite at the end of the sip. Personally I plan to go beyond the recommended 3 minute steep next time and see if I can’t Viking this tea up a little. As is this is a comforting cup that will take sweetening if you want but doesn’t require it and it is a frugal one at that at about $0.10/cup

Had this iced, cold brew, which is normally my favorite way to make black iced tea, particularly with Adagio’s blends. This one disappointed. There is a hint of sweet, a hint of fruit, but nothing that could be firmly identified as strawberry. Considering I ordered this less than a month ago, it can’t even be attributed to old tea.

Drinkable, just unremarkable as an iced tea and misnamed as a strawberry tea if you go off the taste.

Trying out different loose leaf amounts/steeping times to try to wean myself off of sweeteners. This has half a package of Truvia, and is alright, still need to figure it out.

Very strong strawberry scent in the bag, as well as a bright strawberry taste!

Not bad. I overbrewed my first cup and it was very bitter, but my second attempt was much more successful. This is a tea that needs sweetening, but I do lightly sweeten most of my teas anyway. The strawberry flavor is decent, and doesn’t taste as artificial as many berry flavors tend to.

I really like this strawberry tea. It’s not too strong, and it doesn’t taste artificial like some I’ve had. I think I even like it better than Mariage Frère’s strawberry, which is saying something. It’s about on par with Ahmad’s strawberry.

Very tasty tea. I usually add sugar and milk. Comes out tasting divine. Usually my go-to black tea that I drink.

Though I normally like my flavored blacks to be more flavor and less tea, the mild strawberry flavor coming in at the end of this is pretty satisfying. Nothing special, but I was expecting a dessert tea and got a lovely afternoon blend instead. This might be great iced and I want to try that; I also want to try steeping it for less time, as some other reviewers have done.
-Cash

Just got my first order from Adagio…..this is the best strawberry tea I have found so far