Spiced Apple Chai

Black Chai Fruit Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

The classic combination of apples and spice are supremely enhanced in our Spiced Apple Chai. A lively blend of black tea, Masala spices and bright notes of crisp apple will delight your senses.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or soy milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

This tastes spot-on like spiced apple cider. It tastes precisely like something one would buy at a farmer’s market from an Amish person. You could imagine them hand-mashing it, mulling it, and dropping in a dallop of cinnamon. Totally real ingredients, all the indulgence, with none (or almost none) of the calories.

To read about pumpkin-based vengeance on a cider-hog, read this: http://sororiteasisters.com/2017/01/07/spiced-apple-chai-from-adagio-tea/

I’m a big fan of apple cider, so was very excited about this. Drinking it with a spoonful of sugar and no milk, at first sip, it tasted exactly like cider – not much on the tea. Adding milk, however, made it taste more like the chai it is. With milk, it tastes like a good chai with some apple notes.

Sipdown no. 174. The rest of the sample.

For the finale, I gave this the stove top treatment. In addition to the chai mixture, I added Teas Etc.’s Assam Reserve and the Upton Turkish Apple. Two tbsp chai, two tbsp assam, 3tbsp apple.

Definitely an improvement on all fronts, so much so that I’m gonna bump this up a couple of points on the theory that prepared as nature intended chai to be prepared it did better.

It’s actually better than this number reflects, but I’m not bumping it more because a big part of the improvement is, I think, because I added the apple. The blend needed more apple from the get go, and if it had had that, I’d have given it higher marks.

Fjellrev

Sounds like a fancy outcome with all those flavour combinations!

__Morgana__

It certainly worked, but it was a lot of work to get there. ;-)

It has taken me forever to drink through a bag of 15 tea bags with this tea. I’ve had a love-hate relationship with this tea. At first, I really did not like this tea because it was just a watered down version of a chai tea (milk especially didn’t help. It only added to the watered down-ness of the tea). It wasn’t until recently that I found (as with so many other teas) if I sweetened it with light agave nectar, the taste was what I was looking for. It’s a nice spicy chai tea with a little kick of apple. Turned out to be a great tea for autumn.

Flavors: Apple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Added 1t of sugar. The apple cinnamon flavor comes through making it seem more like an apple cider than a chai.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

What happened? This used to be really good! I remember buying it a couple years ago and it was delicious, with lots of apple flavor. It was like apple pie in a cup! Now though, it’s a bland excuse for chai that smells more like apples than it tastes. Very disappointing.

I’ve had this tea for probably three years now… That’s my closest estimate. I’ve had it far too long and I should have had it in its prime. I didn’t want to drink it up too fast ‘cause I wanted to enjoy it and make it last thinking I would never order from Adagio myself, but now that I am ordering from them and it’s really not that much of a hassle, I feel I need to use this one up and look at getting some new stuff if I want to have it again.

I had one teabag of this left. It’s not bad, but I feel like it didn’t stand the test of time the way I had hoped it would. It’s lost a lot of the apple goodness to it and it’s more just a cinnamon flavoured chai. Again, no fault of the tea itself, just the person who held onto it for far too long having stored it only in the Ziploc bag they sent it in.

I know I will get this one again as I did at one time absolutely love it and was head over heels for it. So, I shall give it a good rating. Maybe now this will convince me to drink teas faster! And if I don’t like something either throw it out or give it away! I gave away two teas over the weekend before they sat in my cupboard for years, and it felt very liberating!

Anyways… SIPDOWN.

I could not drink this tea. It left a very bad aftertaste in my mouth, and this is definitely not my kind of tea. However, I’m used to green, white, and rooibos teas.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is amazing. Very appley, tasted super amazing with a dash of milk and agave. I would love a hair more apple flavor, but it is pretty great how it is!

Smells really good! Like apple cider. The taste doesn’t live up to it, & it has a kind of bitter aftertaste I don’t like at all — I tried a 2nd steeping at a lower temperature/shorter time because why not & it turned out marginally less horrifying, but I suspect it’s something about the particular mix of spices here that I’m not agreeing with