Rooibos Vanilla Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peels, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla, Spices, Spicy, Cardamon, Citrus Zest, Clove, Nuts, Cream, Orange, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Liz K

• “This smells like warm gingerbread after steeping, with no woodiness or cedar chippiness from the rooibos base. The flavor gives the impression of being cinnamony but I’m not sure it really is. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got an order from adagio, which included some rooibos samples. Those who know me will be thinking, “why did she get that? I know she doesn’t care for rooibos.” And you’re right! I don’t dislike...” Read full tasting note
  • “So smoothly blended is this chai rooibos blend. I drank the cup up quite quickly. Thanks oOTeaOo for the sample of this. I will be ordering some with my next adagio purchase for sure. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “I decided on a second mug of this Rooibos Vanilla Chai. I chugged this one down so fast, and I wish I enjoyed it slower. I really REALLY like this one! I might take another cup but I shouldn’t...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

Masala chai spices in a South African red rooibos base with a hint of vanilla. These spices will dance on your palate while the creamy vanilla rooibos will sing to your soul. Naturally caffeine free for an anytime treat.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz cup, boiling water for 7-10 minutes. Sugar, cream or soy if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

I didn’t think that chai teas were for me until I tried this! The aroma is great, as is the taste. The vanilla seems to calm down the spices, which is probably why it’s the only chai I’ve really liked. I think next time I’ll add a bit of sugar, but I was very pleased with this cup.

This is my absolute favorite chai! I have occasionally gotten the spiciness that some of the other reviewers have mentioned, but usually it’s perfectly smooth. The rooibos doesn’t manifest itself too much, though I wouldn’t mind if it did. The smell of cloves and cinnamon is usually the main thing I smell while it’s steeping. I usually add a little milk to this one to have before bed.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves

I like my chai spicy this one was jut like blah! juts and okey tea. I finished it up cause i had it in my cavenets and im trying to finish some of this bland tea. its not bad but its not my favorite.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 5 OZ / 147 ML

A nice warming mix of spices. The ginger leaves behind a faint burning heat on the tongue. I usually find chai too strong with clove, but here it didn’t overwhelm the other spices. I added just a little sweetener and a splash of almond milk and curled up on the couch with my cup.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I was not expecting such a spicy chai, to be honest, since all of the other rooibos teas I’ve tried lately have been so smooth and sweet, honey-ish. That’s not what this is. It’s got a bite to it, and I can’t say I love it, honestly. I just think I wanted something a little lighter.

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

SIPDOWN! I have had 4 cups of this today in order to finish it off & it’s perfect for the beginning of the autumn season. Cozy, almost woody, and decaf :P

I’ve been on the lookout for more decaf tea options recently and decided to give this chai a try. I was happy to find that there was no woody/medicinal flavor from the rooibos! However, the spices were very muted and I could barely taste the vanilla at all. I guess a milder chai is nice for bedtime, but I tend to prefer a bit more flavor. Probably not something I’ll be re-purchasing!

Flavors: Spices, Vanilla

I ordered a sample, because I was curious to see how this ingredients work together and wanted to try something different than masala chai. I have to say I wasn’t really impressed, since the cinnamon and cloves were so overpowering I couldn’t taste any hints of vanilla. I think that the rooibos is too mild for so much clove and cinnamon, even though the spices are the main ingredients of chai.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Spicy

Added 1t of sugar. The vanilla notes compliment the chai nicely.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

The smell from this tea is pretty potent, maybe due to the whole cloves (but I love cloves, so I am pretty okay with it), the actual tea is much less spicy and I do get a subtle vanilla taste – not as much as I’d want but still nice. Not the best chai I’ve had but better than the vanilla chai from Davids!

Flavors: Cardamon, Cloves, Vanilla