Mocha Nut Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Flavor, Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut Natural Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Mate
Chocolate, Smoke, Nuts, Hazelnut, Mocha, Nutty, Coffee, Bitter, Cocoa, Earth, Herbaceous
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by IllBeMother221B

• “So Adagio suggested 150F but that seemed a bit low, plus the zojirushi has 140 and 175, so I just went with 175. ANYWAY. I’ve been avoiding this sampler but I think it’s time to give it a try again...” Read full tasting note
  • ““Mmmm, chocolate…” is my first thought when I opened the package. It’s not just chocolate though, there’s a richer, nutty scent as well. I’m glad that there was no actual coffee involved in the...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a backlog of when I finished this tea up. This was a nice tisane with milk and sugar. This is an okay mate, and it definitely wasn’t the best I’ve tried.” Read full tasting note
  • “this is delicious. this tea is my first time ever having mate, but after sipping it on my commute to school, it certainly won’t be the last. I am convinced to buy more after this sample runs out!” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

The mellow chicory-like character of our Brazilian toasted mate is a perfect platform for a favorite indulgence – chocolate! Add a bit of hazelnut and you have the perfect treat. Great straight up or enhanced with cream and sugar this mate chocolate hazelnut is sure to entice your taste buds.

About Adagio Teas View company

Another sample from the faboo mtchyg!

I had a parade lined up for this tea. There were twirlers, fire-breathers, unicyclists, mimes, a marching band, and floats that looked like dinosaurs. (I love dinosaurs.)

The tea has all the things I like: mate, chocolate, nuts.

Alas, I had to send everybody home. The mimes are flying back to Paris as I type.

This is a really good tea. I’ll enjoy the sample I have.

But it’s not a great tea. It’s a bit flat and one-note.

It’s an orchestra with only bassoons. And I just can’t take that down the streets.

Flavors: Chocolate, Nuts

mtchyg

Yeah, unfortunately I feel a bit that way about it as well. I mean, the smell is really nice. But something about it doesn’t get translated to the flavor. Glad to know it wasn’t just me that felt it fell short.

Here’s Hoping Traveling Tea Box
Really nice & rich mocha and hazelnut flavours. The mate isn’t too forward either. A nice sip. Beautiful aroma as well! I enjoyed this cup. Thank you!

Flavors: Hazelnut, Mocha

3 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I liked this tea a lot, but it doesn’t seem to hold up well to more than one or two steeps. It grows increasingly bitter and the other flavors seem to disappear.

I’m finally getting around to trying this, I’ve had it for maybe about a month now. The dry tisane itself smells delicious – very nutty and chocolately. I ended up steeping mine for about 3 min at 160 F. The resulting liquor is a light golden brown. You can definitely smell and taste the nuttiness but I feel like the chocolate flavor is lacking. Perhaps I need to steep it a little longer since Adagio suggests 3-5 min. Regardless, this tea is pretty yummy and smooth. Not bitter at all. This is the first mate I’ve ever tried. I also like how there is no oily film in this tisane as there are with some others that include chocolate pieces.

Flavors: Nutty

Oh, this is good. I bought it on a whim while I was on an Adagio tea-buying spree. I usually don’t like chocolate teas, but the notes on here convinced me it might be a good idea. You all were not wrong!

I thought I was accidentally over-steeping because I started talking to someone and not paying attention to my tea, but nope. Right on time. It’s nice and toasty and the chocolate/hazelnut taste is definitely there, but not too fakey-fakey tasting like some chocolate teas I’ve had.

Flavors: Chocolate, Hazelnut

I am trying this for the first time, it’s a result of a giveaway from Ubacat.

I’ve had a few flavored mates in the past. The best ones so far seem to come from Fusion Teas and I’ve been wanting to place an order with them for a while…. but can’t seem to justify it at the moment.

The package says to steep this at 150 F for 3-5 minutes. I decided to live dangerously so mine is more about 170 F for 5 minutes. The tea is very dark and reminds me of coffee in that it’s also fairly bitter. I am getting a bit of mocha. It reminds me of a chocolate covered espresso bean.. However, I couldn’t really drink this without adding soymilk and coconut sugar. then again, I don’t drink coffee black either. It’s nice to have a few mate blends around just to really have that energy boost. But I am coveting the Fusion teas blends once again… sigh

This is ok and I will finish off the pouch but I don’t need to buy any… I will revise the rating if a shorter steeping time makes it more enjoyable.

carol who

The name sounds so good. How disappointing.

TeaBrat

indeed.

To be honest I forgot I had this sampler. I’d taken in the mate sampler set along with the rooibos sampler set to work and then always end up drinking actual tea-leaf teas at work.

But today after my jasmine in the morning/early afternoon, I felt like something sweeter that would wake me a up a little, so I made a cup of this one. I actually haven’t tried the other mates at all yet, so I almost put in one of the others, but the mocha nut smelled really good, and I remember liking it.

The hazelnut is the strongest flavor to me, which isn’t unpleasant, but is unexpected. It reminds me a bit of weak coffee this time, and I’m not sure what to think about that. I don’t usually drink coffee.

I could see this growing on me, and right now I’m not disliking it, but I’m not wildly enthusiastic either. I am really curious to try the other mates, now, though.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Hazelnut

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I liked this one a lot! The chocolate and nutty tastes heed off some of the bitterness without taking away the pleasant bite the bitterness gives mate. I mixed it with some plain Yerba Mate and really enjoyed that too. Such an earthy, herby flavor! Sooooo satisfying- it’s exactly what I’ve missed since I stopped drinking black tea!

—loose leaf w/ infuser
—1-2 sugar cubes

Flavors: Bitter, Chocolate, Cocoa, Earth, Herbaceous, Mocha, Nuts, Nutty

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Earthy Chocolate

Flavors: Chocolate

The taste of toasted mate always takes me back to the first time I ever had mate – a toasted mate tiramisu. I loved that tea. This one is less chocolately than that one was, and this is also less chocolately than the aroma would suggest. Nuttiness abounds, and it makes for something different and pleasant to drink, this morning.