Earl Grey Lavender

Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Lavender Flowers, Natural Bergamot Oil, Natural Creme Flavor, Orange Peels, Vanilla Flavour
Bergamot, Lavender, Citrus, Floral, Vanilla, Cream, Creamy, Earl Grey, Flowers, Smooth, Rose, Fruity
High
Edit tea info Last updated by IllBeMother221B
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 13 oz / 399 ml

• “This is my second time reviewing this tea, as it’s the second sample pouch I’ve gotten my hands on. However, this time it tastes different. The Earl Grey flavors are more muted, as with the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve upped my rating slightly, since I’m more tolerant of bergamot and earl greys now. It’s still not my fave, but that lavender level of taste really evens out the earl grey.” Read full tasting note
  • “Yesterday I hot brewed this to make iced tea. I let it cool on the table and then chilled it in the fridge. Today I am rewarded with a very nice pitcher of tasty tea. The lavender and Earl Grey are...” Read full tasting note
  • “Okay, so Earl Grey Lavender, now. It has a dark prune juice, sherry kind of liquor going on. The smell is almost all vanilla, lavender and bergamot(in that order). And…right off the bat I can...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

Lavender has a long history of medicinal, culinary and household use. For one, its sweet, floral fragrance is notably soothing, invoking relaxation. Combined with the classic blend of Earl Grey’s citrus and a hint of cream this black tea blend is sure to become a quiet time favorite.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is my second time reviewing this tea, as it’s the second sample pouch I’ve gotten my hands on. However, this time it tastes different. The Earl Grey flavors are more muted, as with the lavender, though it’s still present. The vanilla/cream taste is much more pronounced, as is the tasty black tea. Plus, there’s something else in it that I don’t remember at all, and it reminds me of pancakes. It’s not a bad thing. In fact, I like it very much. It just makes me wonder.

Yesterday I hot brewed this to make iced tea. I let it cool on the table and then chilled it in the fridge. Today I am rewarded with a very nice pitcher of tasty tea. The lavender and Earl Grey are wonderful iced, and the base tea keeps its strength without turning bitter. I added a quarter cup of sugar to the tea while it was still hot which helps to highlight the bergamot and floral notes without making the tea too sweet.

Mmmm, this is good. I’m sure the pitcher will be empty before the weekend is over. We’re actually supposed to have nice weather here tomorrow, so I might get the chance to sit on my porch sipping iced EG and planning my spring garden. Yay!

Okay, so Earl Grey Lavender, now. It has a dark prune juice, sherry kind of liquor going on. The smell is almost all vanilla, lavender and bergamot(in that order). And…right off the bat I can tell this is going to be too sweet. I, of course, add no sugar or milk and am referring strictly to the flavor, in terms of sweetness.
I’m taking the first sip now…

So yeah, I do not like lavender teas, apparently. Or to be more precise, I do not like this one. It has a Granny-perfume thing going on, that will just not let my tongue enjoy the vanilla earl grey notes. The lavender does add something in that I’m thinking someone may have spilled liquid hand soap in my Earl Grey.

If you like Lavender teas, I’m afraid you’ve wasted your time reading this as it probably does not affect you. If you think you might like Lavender teas, hell, you actually might. Do I like Lavender teas? I don’t know. It actually is kind of growing on me with each sip, and I do actually love lavender lemonade(I have a bakery on a street in my town that makes it.)

But I still half-feel that lavender should remain mostly in the domain of scents and not flavors. I.e. if you have to make a Lavender EG, this is far too much damn lavender.

Jenny O

i’m a peppery lavender junkie, so this sounds perfect! thanks!

Jenny O

ps- lavender teacakes aren’t half bad you know ;)

Sinister

It’s definitely drinkable, and now that I think on it, my first impressions were a bit overplayed. But there is a lavender sweet smack to it that I’m still iffy on. If you like lavender and EG, then Idk how this tea could steer you wrong.

Sinister

Also, Lavender tea cakes? Hmm… It at least sounds like something I should try. I might really like that lavender flavor /with/ tea, rather than in it. I’ll see if I can find some and give them a go. Thanks for the tip, ^^

School’s out, the building is locked down for the summer, and now I just have two days of ESL training at district office before the real vacation starts! At least my morning started off on a high note – my husband made us biscuit, egg, and cheddar sandwiches for breakfast this morning, while I made us each a cup of this.

It’s been a while since I’ve had an Earl Grey Lavender, but I don’t remember the EG taking the backseat in such a decisive way. The lavender and the cream flavor are definitely the dominant notes, while the EG is little more than an aftertaste.

All in all, I think I would have liked this a lot more if it hadn’t been an Earl Grey cream. It’s still an okay tea, with all that lovely caffeine, but I don’t think this will be a cupboard staple.

Earl Grey Lavender has always been one my favorite teas & this was just perfect. The bag upon opening had the most divinely sweet floral scent. It was full of little lavender buds and I couldn’t wait to make myself a cup.

It is sweet, smooth, creamy and delicious. While this variety of tea is something I always want to have on hand, Adagio’s version is definitely going to be my go-to from now on. Even my 3 year old loves when I brew this up- he always asks me to smell it and says “mmm that’s a really good smelling teak!” (can’t convince him that there’s no K at the end of the word tea :P)

I was expecting earl grey with a lavender flourish. What I got was a terrible cup of over-syrup’d coffee. I do not know why, but the ingredients here were more than lavender, black tea, and bergamot oil.

What was even worse was I bought this for my (at the time) girlfriend, who had previously mentioned she enjoyed a lavender earl grey from World Tea Company. I also accidentally overnight-ed it, doubling the cost of the tea.

Adagio has always been hit or miss. Some of their teas are excellent, and some are absolutely no good.

Any suggestions on a decent earl grey lavender?

Kashyap

if you havent had a chance to try the organic version from Tao of Tea I recommend it…also I could send you a sample of a version of this that we make at Staufs that is just earl grey and organic lavender…just send me a message

mr-tea

Hi xhado123,
Reading your post I couldn’t help it but to recommend Earl Grey Lavender from The Tea Company. If you’re interested in a sample only just write them saying you’re a critic and they’ll send you some, they’re really friendly. https://www.theteacompany.com

I also enjoyed reading your experience about working at Teavana. Thanks for sharing this!

Ah yes, the spitting image of Adagio’s Earl Grey Moonlight; exact in every way except they added lavender to it. Not saying that’s bad or complaining, just poking some fun.

Joking aside, this tea is very good and despite it tasting somewhat strong and having a “up in your face” flavor in a syrupy sort of sense, I still find this tea to be very delectable. I wish that they toned down the amount of vanilla flavoring in this tea so the lavender would be more prominent nor would I complaint at all if they added more lavender to this, the lavender adds a pleasant undertone to the vanilla. This tea is good, however, it is far too similar to their Earl Grey Moonlight tea so I only ever end up drinking a cup of either this, or the moonlight. Not the greatest, but it’s fairly decent.

P.S. I’m sorry for not putting any reviews up lately. I have plenty of teas left to review but my motivation to keep on writing them is blegh. Slowly but surely, friends.

In this lavender tea lavender is definitely present all the time, when I first opened the bag, steeped it and tasted it. Lavender and bergamot go together soooo well. I love it! I will probably reach for it often. My only complaint is that the tea itself is black, I’d rather have green, white or herbal tea blend but this is the best lavender tea that I’ve tasted. This makes me wanna make my own lavender blend from the green bergamot tea I have at home, might do.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lavender

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

During college, I had a waxing interest in the Steampunk subculture– not to the point where I wore Steampunk-inspired garb– but I did have a handful of Steampunk bands loaded onto my iPod. Abney Park was my favorite. I also frequented Steampunk blogs, and it was through them that I discovered a webcomic called Wondermark by David Malki !. The comic wasn’t really Steampunk, although it did make the occasional reference. For the most part though, I would describe it as modern-day pop culture and political references set against a backdrop of old, Victorian-era scenes. I would also describe it as hilarious, which is why I yanked Wondermark vol. 2: Clever Tricks to Stave Off Death from the shelf and added it to my nearly toppling stack of library books.

When I returned home, I had a brilliant idea to brew myself a cup of Adagio’s Earl Grey Lavender tea to enjoy alongside an old favorite. You may not think so, but Earl Grey Lavender was a daring choice. Prior to this weekend, I had tried brewing myself Earl Grey Lavender three different time, and all three times it was undrinkable– bitter and overly perfume-y and more appropriate for the drain than my taste buds. But, ever the optimist, I decided to give Earl Grey Lavender once last try, and I’m glad I did. I have a bad habit of “eyeballing” a tablespoon, so this time I actually used measuring spoons– one rounded tablespoon for about 8 oz of water. Just by reducing the amount of tea leaves and time to steep the leaves, I somehow brewed the perfect cup. I finished off the cup with some sugar, and when I took my first sip, I was immediately transported to an English garden in early summer, where red Trumpet Honeysuckle climbs up trellises, the pink and purple, bell-shaped blossoms of Foxgloves and Canterbury Bells are in full bloom, and a light breeze carries the scent of lavender with it.

I then proceeded to make myself two more mugs of Earl Grey Lavender while finishing up Wondermark vol. 2, which was, as I suspected, still hilarious.

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Lavender, Vanilla