Blood Orange

Fruit Herbal Blend
Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Citrusy, Drying, Tangy, Tart, Cinnamon, Dried Fruit, Fruity, Orange, Sour, Spices, Blood orange, Hibiscus, Rosehips, Cranberry, Medicinal, Wood, Artificial, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I’m pretty sure that my brain checked out today as it took me at least six times to type ‘orange’ correctly to find this tea. Anyway, this was a sipdown. I didn’t find this too orange-y no matter...” Read full tasting note
  • “Finished up my sample of this last night but was too comfy in bed reading to get up to write about it. The orange, such that it is, is tasty, but this last experience confirms that it isn’t enough...” Read full tasting note
  • “This “tea” kind of makes me angry. So this will be a sad review. Apologies, in advance! It’s not juicy, yummy, tangy blood orange at all. It’s dusty, chalky, vaguely orange-flavored, chewable...” Read full tasting note
  • “Received this in sample form from Adagio. Didn’t love it the first time I tried it – that was hot, steeped 9+ minutes because I forgot about it… This, I’ve iced with a bit of sugar and added a...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from orange peels, hibiscus flowers, apple pieces, rose hip and safflower. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

This aromatic tea begins to tickle the olfactory senses as soon as you open the tin. As the water approaches its boiling point, excitement builds as you prepare your tea pot.

The tea has an overall tart taste – but in a good way. In some way, it resembles the frosting of a cake. While a delicious accent to full-bodied whole, frosting alone is hardly appealing. At some level, I believe this is what is going on with Blood Orange. It is without doubt a charming and delicious tea but it fails to deliver a holistic tea experience.

I ordered a 8 oz for my sister who is an avid fan of Orange flavors. The tea is a dark pink with a strong perfume of deep Orange. I admit that I liked the aroma of the tea better than the taste. If I could devise a way to turn the tea into a potpourri, I could make a fortune.

The tea itself is sour and lacking in what I would call complete character. Spiced with sugar, it’s perfect for kids. I liked it too, but it needed something to carry it to the finish line… A dark spice like Cinnamon would work, I think… Bottom line is, if you’re crazy about sugaring up your tea and love Orange, the tea is ideal.

Mike

Completely agree. I like how natural the sweetness of this tastes. Great for when you’re looking for something sweet but not overpoweringly so.

Very sweet, tangy and citrusy- just what it promises! The nose smells wonderful and rich, and very fresh. The tea turns out a beautiful shade of ruby and is very impressive- I’d recommend a glass teacup to show it off garnished with an orange wedge or something for decoration. It’s not my flavor but my fiance loves it!

Flavors: Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Citrusy, Drying, Tangy, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

2000 tasting notes

While I do enjoy the orange and spices, the hibiscus could be lessened for sure. The sour/acidic notes could be reduced to make this a much more drinkable tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Dried Fruit, Fruity, Orange, Sour, Spices

Received as an iced tea pouch sample with September 2016 subscription. Not amazing, but good. Pretty intense citrus flavor, could brew it less strong than the instructions.

I got this a taster from Adagio. It was very tart and required sweeter. I used some blackberry honey which mixed nicely and made it taste even better.

Flavors: Blood orange, Cranberry, Hibiscus, Rosehips

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’ve made this as a hot tea and a cold brew. Definitely more of a cold brew but still nothing exciting.

There was something of a woody medicinal taste like you sometimes get in a rooibos but this didn’t mention rooibos in the ingredients so it may be just me.

I was looking for more of a regular orange-y flavor but this seems to have an excess of hibiscus which is not a favorite of mine.

Flavors: Blood orange, Hibiscus, Medicinal, Wood

Iced

Picked up a sample of this at Adagio the other week. I brewed it hot even though the instructions said to cold steep it. I’m wondering if I should have just followed the instructions on the bag instead. The dry leaf smelled promising in the bag – very blood orange and citrusy – but once steeped it developed a sour, potpourri-ish flavor that tasted like orange Kool Aid. Adding a little sugar helped but still couldn’t rescue it.

It’s not as revolting as some other Adagio herbal teas I’ve had, but pretty lousy nonetheless.

Flavors: Artificial, Blood orange, Medicinal, Sour

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML

A nice orange burst of flavor. Normally I feel hibiscus overtakes anything it is put into but not here. It was a nice compliment to the orange.

Flavors: Blood orange

Iced

I oversteeped this, so it was a bit bitter, but it reminds me of orange juice. I haven’t drunk any orange juice in a while, however. I think I would rather drink this than orange juice, though the flavor is a bit off, and not at all what I expect from something Blood Orange flavored. I will have to try this again later.