Brigadoon Breakfast

Black White Blend
Smoke, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by ambientqueenie
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

From Adagio Teas

Like the fictional Scottish town of Brigadoon, this special Leap Year tea only appears once every few years. Luckily, it’s every four years instead of a hundred!

Celebrate Leap Day with this Scottish Breakfast Blend of Assam and Keemun teas. We’ve added a touch of Silver Needle and blue cornflowers to evoke the blue and white of the Scottish flag that Brigadoon would fly.

Leap Day is needed to correct the fact that the Gregorian calendar year is about 6 hours shorter than a solar calendar year. The extra day is an opportunity to do something out of the ordinary, something that doesn’t come along too often. So this February 29th, order a cup of Brigadoon Breakfast Tea, or wait until 2016.

About Adagio Teas View company

This was smokier than I had imagined but I really like smokey teas so it was a good surprise. It is very bright and smooth which tones down a bit of the Assam’s natural bitterness. It is a lot less intense than an Irish breakfast or even and English breakfast tea.

Also tried this is a homemade tea latte and the milk and vanilla brought out more of a caramel type flavor like you’d get with a coffee that wasn’t over roasted/brewed.This made the tea even smoother.

I am going to be buying more bags in 2020 because it is a nice alternative to Earl Grey for my go to weekend cuppa.

Flavors: Smoke

Finishing this up! Starting weight watchers has refocused me on making sure I drink more tea, for hydration purposes, and I am so glad! The past two weeks have reminded me how much I love it!

This one is earthy and strong, really perfect for a quick wake up drink for every day. Not my most favorite in the world…but good.

A solid breakfast tea. The taste is very dark and malty.

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Couldn’t resist the novelty of this one. It’s a really clean, basic breakfast blend. It’s been a while since I’ve had a tea that wasn’t flavored, so this was a refreshing change.
EDIT: Upping my rating because when I had this yesterday, I added a bit more sugar than I usually do and these deep, delicious cocoa notes came out. It was glorious.