Honeybush Vanilla

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Honey, Vanilla, Wood, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Added some honey to this today, just to see what would happen. It becomes far too sweet, is the answer. Not a great success. I think I’m going to go back to drinking the rest of this sample just as...” Read full tasting note
  • “Back in the day, I’d thought I’d save something special to taste for my 500th tasting note and then write something really thoughtful and penetrating about it. Oh well, c’est la vie. After...” Read full tasting note
  • “Edited: I bought a sample of this from Adagio because I love using it to blend teas. The tea itself is made up of the small red-brown splinters similar to that of a rooibos, with a vanilla aroma. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Before I start, thanks to JennyFur for this one! Well. I’m sick. Not throw-up sick, but sore throat just want to chill in bed sick. I decided to opt for some tea. I was sick earlier this week and...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Honeybush Vanilla tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and organic honey-scented Honeybush, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea! Naturally caffeine-free, so you can enjoy it anytime of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

Num nums.

Sweet but not too sweet. Refreshing.

Woody, sweet, with the smoothness of vanilla right towards the end of one’s mouth where one would expect the usual rooibos nibble (not a bite) to happen. It’s not as sweet as the regular rooibos or the honeybush tea. It’s not a tongue-curler. it’s still somewhat of a dry drink. The vanilla flavor doesn’t seem like the same vanilla in the vanilla green, but if it is, it’s behaving differently due to the different tea base.

I do want to like this, and I probably do like this more than a regular rooibos. Thing is- I’m worrying if my taste is changing away from rooibos, and that worries me. This tea just doesn’t strike me as fantastic. it hits my ‘meh’ button- but because it’s vanilla I may well like it more if I did a blind taste test with other rooibos teas.

Flavors: Honey, Vanilla, Wood

Too sweet. Not for me.

Flavors: Honey, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

These teas are meant to be enjoyed without additional additives. To add anything taints the flavor of the tea, overwhelms the otherwise subtle sweetness and burst of vanilla swimming throughout each sip.

Added 1t of sugar. This tea is delicious – the honeybush gives the full background and the sweet vanilla flavor makes it slightly more interesting.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Hmmm. I ordered a honeybush sampler because I’ve really never tried them before. It’s not bad, but it’s not what I typically enjoy. I will save it for winter because it seems like a great tea for sick days.

The scent is of vanilla extract (it smells strongly like vanilla beans and bourbon.) It has a sweet, creamy taste. The vanilla flavour is a little too mild.

This is not something I’d pay for, luckily its the free sample I got with my big order. I don’t hate it, but the smell reminds me of wood chip mulch, and thats a bit distracting. I don’t get much of the vanilla, but having not tasted the NOT vanilla I don’t have a comparison point so I’m not sure. The smell definitly has a honey note to it before steeping, but once its steeped I only get that woodchip smell. I’ll use this up, and maybe try one other variety as a free sample on my next order out of curiosity to see if I like the style but not the flavor, but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else.

It doesn’t smell too much like vanilla, but once steeped, has a sweet, creamy and warm vanilla flavour, not too strong, but nice.
A good tea for nights, but not one to have every night.

I wonder how does it tastes like with a drop of milk.

I loved this tea it was nice and sweet.