Jasmine Silver Needle

White Tea
Floral, Jasmine, Flowers, Fruity, Lychee
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Young and elegant tea leaf buds with a whisper of jasmine aura. All the appeal and softly sweet nuances of a classic Silver Needle tea, enhanced with the aroma of night-blooming jasmine flowers. The quiet nature of this tea ensures it will make a gentle companion for your special moments. Steep 2.25 grams of tea per 6oz purified water for 7 min at 180 degrees F.

About Adagio Teas View company

Oh, I can definitely see what all of the fuss is about with this one. The taste is distinct yet subtle; it seems so much more real that a lot of other jasmine teas. I wish I had more than a sample, I can see myself reaching for this often!

This was steeped according to the time on the package. For whatever reason, the description on Steepster recommends a much longer time, so I’ll definitely try that next.

After reading all the lovely reviews, I had to test out this tea. While I find the scent of the Jasmine absolutely intoxicating, the taste is still slightly too strong for my liking. To try to balance out the flavor, I added a small pinch of spearmint, which turns out to be a lovely addition to the tea. While maintaining the lovely fragrance, the taste comes out well balanced.

This tea is amazing. I made a whole tetsubin full while I study neurology today. Very calming indeed!

It barely has any color to it, but its smell and taste is utterly apparent. It’s like sipping an ancient forest in the dead of winter. I recommend steeping a tad longer than suggested with a little extra heat if you want to intensify the forest flavor even more.

I love this tea because it’s forgiving and pure and clean. I don’t add anything to it, not even my standard stevia leaves, it’s perfect on it’s own. Not something I run to when I’m at home but, when I’m at work, this is the one I go for, especially near the end of the day or after a particularly difficult client/ coworker. It just seems to make everything ‘right’ even if only for the time it takes to steep and be sipped. This is definitely a tea for sharing, when you need your friend to chill down to the same level of calmness as you. Peace =)

This may be one of the best teas I have ever had!! I am going to order it for sure as a gift for Christmas for my friends! Wow!

Ok – so first things first: this tea was delicious! Very fresh, and a strong but natural jasmine flavour that coated the mouth during the sip though finished very cleanly without a lingering presence. The white tea itself was nice too; a mix of soft malt, cream and hay notes. Also really fresh tasting.

The flavour profile of the tea is not the most interesting thing that happened while I was drinking it though. Not at all. So, the following is an account of a very weird experience I just had whilst drinking this tea…

So, here I was sipping tea and watching Baby Driver when my doorbell rang. “Oh, probably tea mail!” I thought to myself – and I rushed to the door. I opened it and there, standing in front of me, was a guy holding a giant Ikea bag with a roll of aluminum foil sticking out of it. Which in itself was weird. In his other hand, he was holding a LUSH box, though…

So I very slowly asked “Uh, can I help you?”

“Hey, my names Dan. I live on your block, or lived I guess? I’m moving today, and I have all this food that we’re not taking with us. You’re the first person to answer the door? Do you want it?”

I must have looked even more confused than I thought I did ‘cause then he sort of wiggled the LUSH box in his other hand and went: “Oh, and this was in your yard?” and handed it to me. Sure enough, it was a LUSH order I placed a few weeks ago that has some Christmas gifts in it. Why was it in my front yard? Hell if I know – I’d say that’s a pretty shitty job done on the postman’s end though.

“Thanks? And… I guess? Thank you?”

To which he handed over the big Ikea bag and just walked away. It was all very weird…

So, now I’m rummaging through my mystery bag of stuff. In addition to my roll of aluminum foil, I also received the following note worthy items:

- One can of corned beef hash
- One Lunchables “build your own pizza” kit
- A large bag of organic, prewashed packaged spinach
- Two pickled pork sausages
- A box of Corn Pops cereal
- A bag of “Tex Mex” shredded cheese
- A single Twinkie
- A single bag of Gatorade brand gummy candies
- One bottle of Sriracha, half finished
- One box of instant mashed potatos
- Approx. a third of a tub of margarine

I’m definitely going to toss all of the stuff that’s open, but the majority of everything was brand new. So, thank you Dan? You seemed like a nice guy; I suppose it’s a shame you’re moving? Yeah…

Rosehips

That’s wild!

Evol Ving Ness

I like it. People should do stuff like this and risk seeming odd.

Lexie Aleah

Thats so random.

Such a perfect jasmine tea. So light and floral and gorgeous and wonderful. I made it iced and mixed it with lychee juice. Damn.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine

This is my new favorite jasmine anything. I used slightly more water than usual (on accident) and a little bit of sugar (on purpose) and basically cried into my cup because it was so good.

Flavors: Flowers, Jasmine

First time trying a jasmine white tea and I have to say I LOVE IT! It tastes a lot sweeter than green tea and I feel like I almost taste a fruity finish on it. There’s less bitterness with this tea and you still get that great jasmine flavor. Yummm would definitely recommend this tea to others!

Flavors: Fruity, Jasmine, Lychee