Gingerbread

Black Tea, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger Root, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel
Creamy, Custard, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Wood, Ginger, Smooth, Caramel, Cinnamon, Honey, Spices, Vanilla, Cream, Molasses, Sweet, Tea
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “Just finished my sample. I have to say, milk really improved it. I wish I had been doing that the whole time. I’m kind of on the fence about trying this again when winter rolls around again,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 1 tsp Additives: none Water: 1 zarafina cup, filtered water Tool: Zarafina Black-loose-medium Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell: Sweet fruit Steeped Tea Smell:...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another Christmas tea that I forgot to drink (until now that is). Another bagged tea from Adagio’s Christmas tea collection. It smells like cinnamon rather than ginger but it does have a biscuit...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t understand this tea at all. It is actually pretty interesting because I can’t really nail down just what it tastes like. It is not really gingerbread to me. The dry, crunchiness is somehow...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with sweet gingerbread. Both Gingerbread men and women agree: this unique tea is the perfect addition to any house (gingerbread or regular). Warm and cozy, perfect sweetened or not. Try this limited-time treat.

Steep at 212° for 3 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

Like others have suggested I didn’t steep this one too long. Even with only two minutes the taste is bitter and not very gingerbready at all. I got this free in my black tea sampler and I’m glad I didn’t get too much or I would have to unload it on someone. The smell is reminiscent of a holiday candle from Yankee candle, there’s a waxiness to the taste as well. I usually stay away from black teas flavored to be like desserts, it’s just too risky.

I found a little tin of this in my tea stash from wayy back near when I started on Steepster, which feels soo long ago! My sense of smell is diminished at the moment, please bare with me.

I was good enough for me to add a 3oz to my Adagio order, which finally pushed me into the free shipping zone. The spices were warm and not overwealming. I appreciated the dessert effect without any added sweetener. I haven’t had a gingerbread cookie in a long time, and this reminded me how different they are from snickerdoodles. :D

This is actually one of my favorite Christmas teas. It goes well with almond milk and a little brown sugar. I think it tastes more like cinnamon. It doesn’t feel rich enough to be gingerbread. But it’s bright and sweet and goes well on a cold snowy night.

Smooth, dark, rich, and a little creamy. These are the immediate notes I pick up on in tasting the cup. It’s relatively straightforward; I don’t taste the orange at all. I don’t taste cinnamon either, which I’d have expected since usually cinnamon is noticeable. This is a polite, drying cup and doesn’t taste like a gingerbread man. However, what it is is definitely quiet, refined, and enjoyable. I like this, as it’s not “meh”, but it’s good. :)

Flavors: Creamy, Custard, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Wood, Ginger, Smooth

Looks like some very sophisticated and respected reviewers on this site do not really care for this tea, which makes me question the validity of my tastes. I like it so much that merely sniffing it makes me smile! xD

It smells like vanilla and tastes, if not quite like gingerbread, then at least like some type of gently spiced Christmas biscuit, full of cinnamon, spice, vanilla, caramel, and honey; even the aftertaste is sweet to my palate, because the flavors mask the black tea, so I don’t detect much bitterness (and yes, I’m drinking it straight). It actually reminds me of a tea I had a long time ago at Boston’s “Tealuxe” called “Birthday Cake” or something.

If this sounds like something you’d like, I’d say you can’t go wrong getting a sample. If you don’t like it, you can always send it my way…! =D

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Honey, Spices, Vanilla

6 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I did not like this tea. I am sorry to say, and I truly am sorry, but to me it tasted like Tobacco with small hints of caramel. I steeped it according to directions that came on the tea sampler.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I got this in a swap and I honestly can’t taste the gingerbread flavor at all. My boyfriend also has a small tin of this from the Holiday Cheer set that I gave his parents last year when I visited and that one doesn’t taste gingerbread-y either.

So on the front of being gingerbread flavored, it loses points. But it is still a decent black tea. It has some vanilla-y notes but mostly just tastes like a ceylon. I definitely won’t buy this again but if it comes my way, I’ll still drink it.

Flavors: Vanilla

rosebudmelissa

Any idea how old it is? I could definitely taste the gingerbread when I tried this (although it still wasn’t one of my favorites, I like gingerbread with strong molasses notes, and the flavor was a bit artificial as well).

taipwnsu

No idea how old the one in my collection is but the one that I gave to my boyfriend’s parents I tried when I first gave it to them last December and again when it was around 6 months old but I doubt it was stored well. I couldn’t taste any difference between the gingerbread or the pumpkin spice teas :/

Definitely did not taste like gingerbread to me. It tasted more like chemicals or some really awful flavoring. Tried brew multiple ways, and trying with milk and sugar and without it. Definitely do not recommend.

1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

So I’ve been stocking up nutty and spicy teas for the fall and winter like some sort of caffeine-hungry squirrel. I haven’t ordered from Adagio in a dog’s age, having grown to prefer other companies more, but I do like their hazelnut tea. Figured I’d pick up a couple samples too, and this was one of them.

…it’s not as bad as I thought, from the reviews. It’s nowhere near as good as other gingerbread teas I’ve have, but it’s alright. The thing I learned early on about Adagio’s teas is that you shouldn’t ever steep them over four minutes, or they’re disgustingly bitter. A four minute steep and a teaspoon of sugar got me a mild, cookielike cup of tea. It tastes a little bit like a graham cracker; maybe I’ll add honey next time.

It’s an okay tea, but if I really want a gingerbread tea there’s better options. S&V’s comes to mind most immediately.

Sample from Nichole. Thank you!

I’ve been wanting to try this ever since I had it in one of the custom blends, so when I saw it in Nichole’s box I grabbed it right away. I like it! It has a really light, creamy, ginger-molasses-honey flavor. The base is extremely mild, but just noticeable. All in all, it makes for a pleasant cup. I might try this double strength with milk at some point.

It’s been over a week since I was last on Steepster. It’s really good to be back! It was mostly a perfect storm of real life issues all cropping up at once. Things should be better this week, although the latter half of the week I’ll be busy getting ready for Easter.

Flavors: Cream, Ginger, Honey, Molasses, Sweet, Tea

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Nichole/CuppaGeek

Glad you enjoyed it!!

rosebudmelissa

Thanks for sending it my way!