Autumn Mist Green

Green Tea
Apple Pieces, Cinnamon Bark, Gunpowder Green Tea, Marigold Flowers, Natural Creme Flavor, Rose Hips, Rose Petals
Apple, Caramel, Smoke, Artificial, Floral, Sweet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “This is by far my favorite green tea, and I can’t even buy it. So incredibly frustrating. If anyone knows what businesses have bought this wholesale, please let me know so I can give them my business.” Read full tasting note
  • “I was first introduced to this blend as “Autumn Apple Crisp” from Spice and Tea Exchange, which I picked up as an autumn seasonal in 2016, but the tea did not return the next year. Searching the...” Read full tasting note
  • “So I made a big Adagio order back in December when I initially decided to get back into tea and, of course, shortly after I ordered from other vendors and now I don’t touch this stuff. I had a few...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

Gently smoky gunpowder combined with bright tangy apples and rose hips, bring to mind a misty morning stroll. Hints of cinnamon and creme brulee flavor warm and comfort you like a favorite sweater.

About Adagio Teas View company

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I was first introduced to this blend as “Autumn Apple Crisp” from Spice and Tea Exchange, which I picked up as an autumn seasonal in 2016, but the tea did not return the next year. Searching the ingredients, I then discovered Adagio’s autumn seasonal “Autumn Mist,” which was the exact same blend of ingredients, and not nearly such a price-gouge as Spice and Tea Exchange’s teas.

The first time I made this tea (the “Autumn Apple Crisp” version of the blend) I made a cup at work, and the scent was so strong that my coworkers walked into the office and thought they were smelling maple or apple pie, not realizing it was just my cup of tea! It had a very strong, carmelly scent from the creme brulee flavoring, and a nice carmelly apple flavor with a lot of natural sweetness. I remember thinking how much it really did remind me of caramel-covered apples!

Revisiting this tea with the “Autumn Mist” version of the blend, I’m noticing a lot more of the gunpowder green tea than I remember from before. The tea has a very distinct, slightly smoky flavor from the base, and isn’t quite as sweet as I recall. There is still a nice touch of apple on the back of the tongue, and some sweet caramel notes, but the overall flavor is a little more full and less dessert-like than I was expecting.

I kind of miss the old “Autumn Apple Crisp” version now. Ah well. This one is good enough to scratch the itch, I just wish it were a little more sweet with stronger caramel notes!

Full review: https://teatimetuesdayreviews.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/tea10/

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Smoke

So I made a big Adagio order back in December when I initially decided to get back into tea and, of course, shortly after I ordered from other vendors and now I don’t touch this stuff. I had a few portions that I’d separated out into baggies to take to work and they’ve just been sitting here, and this one has been making my drawer smell sweet for too long, so it’s time to drink these, but not without having some fun with it. All I really use at work is the gaiwan, so let’s give it a shot in that!

So, this tea has bits and pieces of stuff in it and smells very sweet. I’ve recently confirmed that I am definitely more partial to Japanese greens than Chinese, so the base of this tea is less on my preferred side but not bad. I let some of the leaves and stems from my kabusecha earlier stay in the gaiwan when I dumped it, because why not?

The liquor is fairly golden and smells…sweet. The added flavoring is very obvious. The taste is sweet and floral, which makes sense since it has flowers in it. I do a couple steeps of this but, eh, I don’t really feel the need to force myself to steep it much more. Fortunately some folks around me like this blend, so it won’t be going to waste.

Flavors: Artificial, Floral, Sweet