Kentucky Bourbon

Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Chinese Keemun Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Flavor, Lapsang Souchong, Rose Hips, Vanilla Flavour
Alcohol, Apple, Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Oak, Smoke, Sweet, Whiskey, Wood, Fruity, Cherry Wood, Chocolate
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Shae Advent Day 22 Another tea from my wish list – thank you!! The base of this tea is quite bold. It works really well. There’s also some smoke and a bit of a tang from the bourbon. This is a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Michelle, this one is fun! My menfolk deigned to sniff and sample my first steep of your Kentucky Bourbon sample. My son’s evaluation was the most creative: “It’s like cowboy hot chocolate cooked...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! (38 | 242) Swap sample! I’m hoping to power through most of these samples over the next few days, as there are over 30 of them, and adding them all to my cupboard stressed me out a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Part of an epic tea mail box from Michelle. I think we may both have a fondness for smoky teas (and boozy ones). Not sure if this was an appropriate choice for breakfast, but here I am drinking it...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

Whether sitting cozy by a fire on a snowy winter day, or sitting out on a front porch swing on a sultry summer afternoon looking out over green rolling hills, our Kentucky Bourbon tea suits many occasions. With hints of malt, soft barrel smoke, caramel, roasted apple, and vanilla, this tea echoes the nuance of a good bourbon without the boozy side effects. Also try this tea iced with mint infused simple syrup for a teetotaler’s perfect mint julep. Sip slowly and savor.

Black Tea | High caffeine | Steep at 212° for 3 minutes.

Blended With Black Tea, Keemun Concerto Tea, Rose Hips, Cocoa Nibs, Lapsang Souchong Tea, Whiskey Flavor, Blue Cornflowers, Natural Candy Apple Flavor & Natural Vanilla Flavor

What’s more American than bourbon? Kentucky produces about 95% of the world’s bourbon whiskey and fans say it’s because of the fertile is near perfect for corn, the grain used in whiskey, and the natural blue limestone filters out hard iron in the water and leaves the soft taste of calcium and magnesium. In our exclusive recipe, the smokiness of Lapsang Souchong recalls the barrel aging of this fine liquor and Keemun provides an edge of sweetness contributing to as fine a beverage you can find, with no possible hangover. Cheers!

About Adagio Teas View company

Shae Advent Day 22

Another tea from my wish list – thank you!! The base of this tea is quite bold. It works really well. There’s also some smoke and a bit of a tang from the bourbon. This is a really well thought out blend. It’s not something I’d want all the time, but it’s really fun and accurate.

Michelle, this one is fun! My menfolk deigned to sniff and sample my first steep of your Kentucky Bourbon sample. My son’s evaluation was the most creative: “It’s like cowboy hot chocolate cooked over an open fire.” (I get that!) As for me, I am getting oak, smoke, burnt sugar and the cocoa as well. Really creative and judicious use of lapsang without over-smoking it. The weather has taken an untimely warm swing, but this would be a prime selection for a cloudy, frosty afternoon.

Michelle

It’s not bad, eh? There are enough flavor notes to make it interesting, and I think different flavors emerge as it cools. I tried this one because of Roswell Strange’s review. Here’s to tea enabling :)

Sipdown! (38 | 242)

Swap sample! I’m hoping to power through most of these samples over the next few days, as there are over 30 of them, and adding them all to my cupboard stressed me out a little.

Picked this one at random. I’m not really a whiskey fan, but my husband is, so I’m quite familiar with it. He generally drinks scotch, but also enjoys old fashioneds (which use bourbon). Anyway, this does taste like bourbon to me. It’s woody, boozy, slightly smoky, and has a dark caramel presence. I do get a hint of the apple I think, which is pleasant.

I would say this is a good choice for someone looking for a whiskey tea. But I am not that someone, so while I can appreciate that it seems well-done, it’s not for me. :)

Flavors: Alcohol, Apple, Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Oak, Smoke, Sweet, Whiskey, Wood

Michelle

You kinda have to be in a certain mood for this tea, just like drinking actual whiskey. It’s forgiving if you over steep a bit too. Not as authentic as tea stored in a whiskey barrel, but it’s not bad.

gmathis

Will have to investigate this one!

Part of an epic tea mail box from Michelle.

I think we may both have a fondness for smoky teas (and boozy ones). Not sure if this was an appropriate choice for breakfast, but here I am drinking it with a chocolate banana muffin (also probably not appropriate for breakfast). I don’t drink alcohol very often and when I do I don’t typically reach for bourbon so I can’t say how authentic the flavor is. It definitely smells boozy though. Also fruity, but not the candy apple flavor in the ingredient list. I should have checked Michelle’s directions first because I’m pretty sure I overleafed and oversteeped this one. I went with my normal two teaspoons to 8 ounces of water at 195° for five minutes. I see now that three minutes at boiling is recommended. I’ll withhold my rating for now and will try again when I learn to follow instructions.

Flavors: Alcohol, Fruity

Samurai TTB #34

I’ve never had bourbon, so I can’t comment on whether or not Adagio successfully captured that flavor here. But I really enjoyed this blend…I’m super into smoky tea right now and this one is the perfect balance of smoky and sweet. So glad I got to try it!

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Smoke, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I was so curious about this tea when it originally released this year but Adagio is not the cheapest company to order from when you’re only curious about one tea – if I’m going to order I want to make it a BIG order with lots of new things or restocks of my favourites. So, finally, I had the excuse to do that – I picked up a ton of new Halloween and fandom samples but also tossed in some of their main assortment that I had been interested in trying…

I’ve heard great things about this tea from Instagram friends, and so my expectations were pretty high. I wanted to get this as LLT but the small LLT sample was sold out and I wasn’t willing to blind buy the large bag of it, so I went with the tea sachet options instead. So that’s not my ideal format, but I’m willing to roll with it!

And… this was good.

I cracked open the bag and was just flood with intense boozy bourbon aroma – it was VERY strong/concentrated. However, steeped up the edge is taken off a bit but the flavour is still excellent. Looking at the ingredients list may have been a bad idea for me because I see that, among other things, it has “candy apple” flavour in it and that unfortunately pulled me out of the cup a little bit because I feel like I can actually taste that in the composition of the blend. However, that aside (and trying not to think about it) the flavour is a really excellent bourbon. I’m struggling to explain it as anything else other than “bourbon” because, well, well the flavour is nailed the flavour is nailed.

I’m impressed.

Michelle

Hmmm, I read your tasting note about Candy corn and considered making an Adagio order, and now you make this sound so yummy! I guess I’ll have to try this bourbon for myself as a Halloween treat. Thanks for posting!!

Smokey with some chocolate flavor. I also get hints of cherry flavor. It is a smooth tea. I love lapsang so this tea is perfect. Not too Smokey like their regular lapsang. It is one that I would consider getting in the future

Flavors: Cherry Wood, Chocolate, Smoke