Bowcaster Brown

Black Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #1 Thanks so much for the teabox starter, SkySamurai!  I’m trying the teas now on it’s first stop.  Signups still open in the forums!  Such rarities here, and some...” Read full tasting note

From AdagioTeas

Caramel mocha, in tea form. Mocha Nut Mate is joined by Tiger Eye and Caramel black teas, resulting in a beverage brimming with dichotomies: familiar but new, caffeinated but chill. This blend is suitably robust, and can be relied upon to get the job done.

This tea contains a high level of caffeine | Steep at 190° for 3 minutes.

blended with black tea, toasted mate tea, dark chocolate chips, natural caramel flavor, natural chocolate flavor, natural hazelnut flavor, marigold flowers, cocoa nibs & natural vanilla flavor

About AdagioTeas View company

1 Tasting Note

‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #1
Thanks so much for the teabox starter, SkySamurai!  I’m trying the teas now on it’s first stop.  Signups still open in the forums!  Such rarities here, and some tea shops I’ve never even heard of.  That’s always good.  On to the first tea…I usually like Adagio blends, and this one sounds like a divine combination, but overall the flavor is mostly flat to me.  Hardly any chocolate or caramel or hazelnut or vanilla… I mean, those flavors in theory sound amazing, but maybe they all cancelled each other out and I’m really only tasting roasted yerba mate.  What a shame.  It’s certainly BROWN in color anyway.  Chewbacca brown.  I think it’s Chewbacca on the tin?  I don’t know (shh.. I only saw the first three Star Wars movies.)
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoon for a full mug // 7 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 minute steep

‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #2
I’ll write #2 here because technically a hot chocolate shouldn’t be listed on Steepster.  It’s Sipology’s Candy Orange Hot Chocolate.   It sounded odd until I realized it is supposed to be one of those chocolate oranges.  I’m a fan of those chocolate oranges.  Yum.  The hot chocolate itself is smooth and rich without being too sugary.  Just how I like it.  I was tasting hints of what should be orange.  Hints but what was there was accurate to chocolate orange.  It’s good!  I definitely didn’t use how much they suggested on the package (to keep the sugar in check).  About a spoon and a half of mix for a mug of milk.  Never heard of this shop before. rating would be 93

Shanie O Maniac

Seeing as how it’s called “Bowcaster Brown” and the Bowcaster is the traditional weapon of Kashyyyk (the Wookiee homeworld), I’m going to say it is probably Chewbacca on the tin.

Sorry, I lived in a Star Wars party house for 2 years. I had this stuff drilled into my head.

tea-sipper