Brioche Organic Tea

Almonds, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Safflowers
Almond, Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Sweet, Yeast, Pastries, Butter, Nuts, Raisins, Cream, Smooth, Sugar, Custard, Vanilla, Maple Syrup, Orange Zest
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

From American Tea Room

Brioche’s astoundingly decadent aroma and flavor make it one of our best sellers. Even the dry leaves perfectly capture the spicy-sweet aroma of a Parisian patisserie with intoxicating, beguiling, tempting aromas of nuts, spices and an unrivaled baked sweet note.

Visually speaking, well-oxidized ebony leaves are contrasted with pale, sliced almonds, bits of cinnamon and vermillion-colored safflower blossoms. The brew is a shimmering rust color.

The aroma and flavor of Brioche are rich, nuanced and reminiscent of hot cinnamon buns, almond croissants, fine black tea and warm brioche with a touch of marmalade. It has an equally enchanting aftertaste that lasts and lasts…

This superbly balanced blend stands on its own as an indulgence, or pairs beautifully with breakfast pastries and fruity after-dinner desserts (such as Linzer tarts).

About American Tea Room View company

The aroma when I opened my sample about knocked me over. With the scents of almond and cinnamon wafting up, I was taken back to the time I spent in Paris wandering thru the little bakeries picking up pastries for breakfast. The blurb that American Tea Room has up about this tea is right on the mark. Visually this is also a very pleasing tea with the black tea leaves being mixed with almond slices and the scarlet of safflower blossoms.

I set up my first cup to brew in my Zarafina Tea-maker set on a medium black setting using 1 teaspoon of leaves. Once brewed the aroma of the almonds and cinnamon persist though they are lighter. I tried my first cup with just a touch of rock sugar and I have to admit that I was disappointed. The tea itself was very smooth but the cinnamon left a bitter aftertaste. Just not my cup of tea.

I am really glad that American Tea Room sends large enough samples that I could play around. For my second cup I used the same settings for brewing but once brewed I added a touch of creamer to go with the rock sugar. Oh my goodness, what a difference. My Brioche tea turned into the perfect desert tea. It was just like eating a cinnamon roll without all the calories. I also tried it with vanilla soy milk and I have to say that I am hooked. This tea is going on my list of order from American Tea Room.

I dont know! I dont know how i feel about this tea…it smells almost like forever nuts from DAVIDsTEA. It doesn’t taste that way though. I do get a hint of bread/yeast. It almost tastes like sweetbread filled with almonds and almond cream or something. But not in a cherry/artificial way. In a good way. I am gonna try it again tomorrow and see how i feel then.

Flavors: Almond, Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Sweet, Yeast

Just adding to the chorus of WOWs for this tea. A very cozy, delicious tea for when I’m craving western-style brewing and big mug of tea. Astonishingly evocative of bread and pastries. Added a touch of agave and almond milk. This is one I think I always need to have on hand!

Flavors: Almond, Baked Bread, Pastries

Interesting fact – if you drink this right after eating a Nutrigrain soft breakfast bar, it will taste like a Nutrigrain bar.

That’s kind of true for anything, BUT – these two products really have a lot in common – the baked-bread scent augmented by the almond really smells a lot like a sweet packaged filled cookie. Once I got past that, it’s a comforting flavored tea. I even got two good steeps out of it, brewed Western-style.

The aroma of this tea is indeed incredibly buttery and nutty, with vanilla-almond and cinnamon overtones, not unlike sticky buns, but I have an image of that shiny chestnut crust of brioche swimming in front of my eyes, so I want it to be yeastier than it is! It smells so incredibly delicious that I’m afraid I will be disappointed when I take a sip!
Sigh, the sip is not as delicious as I imagined, but the aftertaste is all BUTTERY candied walnuts. For that alone I’m enjoying the heck out of this cup! It is indeed getting moar buttery and sweeter as it cools, and now I’m getting a little more of that aftertaste on the sip. Overall definitely something I could see myself ordering in the future!

ETA: This was a sample from the fabulous Stephanie, thanks a bunch!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cinnamon, Nuts

I was so craving this one today and was delighted that I was actually able to locate it. What I need to do is sit down and do some tea organizing, serious organizing.

Maybe I need tea furniture now.

It has been so nice to putter around and do little to nothing. This tea is just divine. It is much better, if memory serves, with a glug of milk and bit of honey, but currently, that’s not on my nutrition agenda, so black it is. Still divine. Like a buttery sticky saffron honey bun stuffed with raisins.

Dexter

“Have I really become one of those people that puts aside time to sort and order my tea stash? By category? By age? By size? By how much I love it?” ummm doesn’t everyone do this? Once you get into spreadsheets then you know you’re hard core. ;)

Evol Ving Ness

hahhaha, well, you know, Sil has been attempting to prod me in that direction.

Arby

Do some people not put time into organizing their tea collection? I have a spreadsheet and everything. It’s categorized by flavour (unflavoured separated from flavoured, strong scents of either type kept separate) and type (rooibos/herbal/decaf in one drawer, caffeinated in a drawer, and low quality bagged+large tins in a cupboard. Plus the puerh cakes all kept in a different room. It’s getting excessive…yet I’m not stopping.

Arby

And of course, the spreadsheet must have various tabs for organization!

Sipping down random teas in my cupboard.
I received a large bag of this last year from a teafriend as it had been on my wishlist for awhile. While I do not drink flavoured black teas so much anymore, I have nearly finished the bag of this.
It is quite tasty as far as flavoured teas goes and I can see why it was a popular one. Sweet like an almond danish. I’m glad I was able to try it – thank you teafriend!

This afternoon I made cheater blueberry croissants (you know, fresh blueberries liberally sprinkled with sugar and rolled up in Pillsbury crescent dough) and I made this tea to go with it. It was really yummy. This is a nice, mellow sort of tea, no sweetener needed, perfect to go with some pastry or cookies. And since I just received my order of Girls Scout cookies, I don’t believe my sample of this tea will last long.

Fjellrev

I really wish we could get Thin Mints in Canada haha.

Maddy Barone

I have friends in Winnipeg who place large orders with the Fargo and Minot Girl Scouts. The boxes are put carefully away in the freezer and when they come down they gorge themselves on Thin Mints. :) The shortbread ones are my faves.

Fjellrev

Nice! I actually haven’t tried any of them before, only the Canadian sandwich cookies,but I’m always hearing from our southern friends how amazing the Girl Scout cookies are. How much do they sell for, btw? I think I read that ours are $5 per box now.

Maddy Barone

They are $4.00 USD a box. Probably a little less expensive depending on the exchange rate.

gmathis

I didn’t know about cheater croissants, but that sounds tasty, and definitely easy enough for my minimal culinary skills!

OMGsrsly

I love that croissant idea! Too bad there isn’t any gluten free Pilsbury stuff available locally yet. I know they make it! I’ve seen it online. :)

This was my first time with Brioche. I had about 2 cups. I have to say, it really deserves the esteem it has. I found it so tasty and spot on almond brioche flavoured. I think I may have to seek this out to keep in my cupboard as soon as I sip down some of my older teas. Really enjoyable. Wow.

Flavors: Almond, Cream, Pastries

American Tea Company sent me a coupon and I jumped at the chance to stock up on this. It’s even better than I remembered :)