Milk Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by NoFi

From Asiatica tea

Native to Taiwan, milk oolong has unique and exclusive characteristic. Due to the sudden chilling temperature shift during the harvest period, this tea is naturally infused with an overwhelmingly smooth and creamy flavor that is both smooth and delicate. Don’t forget the health benefits! It shares all the same health benefits as any regular oolong tea would have!

About Asiatica tea View company

Before tasting this tea, I was just a tea drinker. This turned me instantly in a tea lover, into someone who searches for tea, who wants to deepen his knowledge and open new tasting horizons.

This is a very sweet tea without, as far as I know, any flavorings added. The leafs are rolled into little beads and when infused uncurl to nice healthy and thick complete leaves. Very green and quite large, the leaves can be infused several times (4-5) and reveal their taste without loosing any quality. After that, much longer steeps are needed.

The taste is very milky, close to milk candy. Hints of fresh sugar cane being chewed also come to mind. The color is a soft yellow, close to dried hay.

Asiatica seems to be fairly new in Montréal, Quebec as their site pops as “coming soon”. Their products are all packed in round metal tins with two caps. I haven’t found them in lots of places but IGA seems to sell some from time to time.

Another tea from Roswell Strange, thank you!

Saw this in my box of tea last night, and just felt like a milk oolong. This tea did not disappoint. Nice and creamy with a smooth oolongy base. Yep, that’s my description of it. It compares favourably to my memory of other milk oolongs, and I have to agree with Roswell that there’s no way this is naturally flavoured, but it doesn’t have the chemically taste that some flavoured milk oolongs have. I got three solid infusions out of the leaves, and the last one brought out some really delicious flavours, but I had trouble identifying what it reminded me of, and now the moment is lost. Oh well. It was quite good.

Not super smooth but still lovely. Very buttery/creamy notes that are easy to wind down and loosen up with – even if it is flavouring, I just love that flavour note combined with the floral and already buttery notes of the oolong. A little bit of sour green/grassy notes; definitely highlighting that this isn’t the best quality milk oolong ever – but for a daily drinker/casual Western cup type of oolong it’s pretty perfect.