Civil disobedience

Astringent, Herbaceous, Leather, Medicinal, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by sren

• “so this was the tea that started my swap with beelicious. She was not impressed, and i’m willing to try nearly anything :) Turns out this is pretty gross. First off, it smells like tiger...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 8177 tasting notes
  • “Yeah, it’s pretty medicinal. Disappointing because of all the AU selections this is the one that I was most excited to try. I see that they were going for pine needles, but other flavors...” Read full tasting note
    Sren 93 tasting notes
  • “Another one I managed to sneak into my bag before jetting off the other day… And I’m kinda disappointed that out of all the amazing teas I have in my cupboard I picked this one up and...” Read full tasting note
    beelicious 217 tasting notes
  • ““A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR HELPS THE MEDICINE GO Read full tasting note
    toadman208 540 tasting notes

From August Uncommon Tea

robust black tea with cardamom and tobacco notes

Tastes Like
pine needles, cardamom skin, maple sap, fire logs, sweet tobacco

About August Uncommon Tea View company

so this was the tea that started my swap with beelicious. She was not impressed, and i’m willing to try nearly anything :) Turns out this is pretty gross. First off, it smells like tiger balm/vick’s vapo rub. There’s just something about it that isn’t right. Brewed, it tastes a little better….slightly smokey but mostly i feel like i’m drinking liquid vapo rub. It’s not even really “pine” it’s menthol more than anything. I am also not a fan. not the worst, but August uncommon has MUCH better offerings! Thanks beelicious! :)

Yeah, it’s pretty medicinal. Disappointing because of all the AU selections this is the one that I was most excited to try. I see that they were going for pine needles, but other flavors are overwhelmed. Even so, there is a slightly salty, slightly smoky, slightly sweet taste at the end of each sip which becomes more consistent as it cools. And then the cardamom comes out, which although I love cardamom, I think it is part of what’s wrong here— it really contributes to the medicinal taste.

No regrets on trying this sample or any of the other AU selections so far. Each has been surprising, intriguing, with a quality tea base— by far the most interesting if not the most delicious that I have tried. And I have this feeling that as my tea journey unfolds interesting may begin to trump delicious…

Another one I managed to sneak into my bag before jetting off the other day… And I’m kinda disappointed that out of all the amazing teas I have in my cupboard I picked this one up and took it with me…. It smells like hydrogen peroxide!! Taste wise it’s really medicinal when hot and as it cools there is a sweetness that suddenly jumps out but unfortunately the medicinal flavor is still the most dominant… I’m not a fan at all but it could just be me and my spoilt tastebuds. I would be happy to find this guy another home where he might be better appreciated if anyone out there is interested to try it

If you can’t find anyone who wants to try it, I’d love to swap with you for a chance to try these teas. They’re a little on the pricey side for canada with the shipping and the dollar to blindly buy. (that being said i AM in canada so if an international swap isn’t your thing, i understand)

beelicious

Hi Sil!! Happy to organize a swap! PM me and we can work out the details :)

“A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR HELPS THE MEDICINE GO DOWN
So this one is quite Uncommon and interesting…
I’m not sure what to think of Civil Disobedience really I was kinda shocked at the way it tastes…
There is this sore throat spray out there called Chloraseptic, I’m not sure all of you have heard of it before but thats what this tea taste like to me in too many ways.
Really no joke on the very first sip (straight no suga) alls I could taste was straight up Chloraseptic. Interesting because I was actually thinking yuck at first but I couldn’t stop sipping on it for some reason.

Anyways I had to add a little suga to this one because of the medicine taste, and it was a little better, still taste throat spray bit also a smokey tea in there somewhere, a little astringent with some leathery notes. The medicine taste isnt yucky as some medicinal tasting teas but it is still quite bold.

With sugar it actually kinda taste like some type of old fashioned herbal candy or cough drop that you find in an old country store down south, pretty damned good!
With milk it is reminiscent of a chai in some ways I guess it could pass as a mild chai type spiced tea, very smooth and creamy and no astringent but still a strong taste of the throat spray lol

Somehow even tho it really does taste like Chloraseptic it is really tastey, delicious even. Good Tea but the throat spay part is super hard to ignore, I think that taste is from the cardamom or cardamom oil tho So I think I could dig this one, I’d have to think of it as some type of chai I think.
But Really Chloraseptic lol

Flavors: Astringent, Herbaceous, Leather, Medicinal, Smoke

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I’m really excited now to try the other teas from August now because this is so very interesting, good first impression i guess :)