A Field in Innsbruck

Black Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by sren

• “Honestly, this tastes like something I should be using to season up some lamb. So I put a good teaspoon of honey into it… and it still tastes like something I should be using to season up some...” Read full tasting note
  • “Take #2 Starting off boxing day with a yummy cup of tea and some breakfast wraps; eggs, cheddar, hashbrowns, and Asian pears all rolled up in one yummy crepe! Now that I have a better feel for...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another tea from this weekend – all i can recall is holy THYME! I need to have another cup of this before sending the rest to omgsrsly but this one is my least favourite so far as it’s more thyme,...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a very herbaceous tea— aroma is juniper and thyme. Lemon balm helps to balance the flavor, and it really does taste as billed, “a walk in the woods.” Once again a very intellectually...” Read full tasting note

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: juniper berry, ripe blackcurrant, spruce, lemon balm
Feels Like: a walk through alpine woods
As the Austrian Alps warm they offer a multitude of aromas and colors. The woods come alive with light flickering through branches, beaming in unexpected clearings redolent of grasses, herbs and wildflowers in full bloom. The bright spruce aroma overhead and earthy fir needles melding with the soil underfoot. Brushing your hands against the sticky juniper bushes, gathering fragrant herbs and ripe blackcurrant berries warmed by the sun. Capture the fleeting majesty of the aromatic journey.

Ingredients: south indian black tea, chinese pu’erh tea, juniper berry, blackcurrant, cornflower petals, thyme, rosemary, flavoring

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Honestly, this tastes like something I should be using to season up some lamb. So I put a good teaspoon of honey into it… and it still tastes like something I should be using to season up some lamb!

Really really neat tea, but extremely savoury. Fairly rich, which is nice, especially compared to that tomato-and-red-pepper-water tea I had a few days ago. Not something to drink when you want a sweet treat, but I actually quite like it. I have enough for another cup, and I might also use the leftover leaves from this cup to flavour a piece of chicken… guess it depends on if I manage to get out and do grocery shopping tonight, or if I stay home and continue hassling the cat.

Thank you, Sil! :)

Evol Ving Ness

This post made me smile. A lot.

Take #2

Starting off boxing day with a yummy cup of tea and some breakfast wraps; eggs, cheddar, hashbrowns, and Asian pears all rolled up in one yummy crepe! Now that I have a better feel for what this tea tastes like I can say I’m enjoying it a lot more. I taste the rosemary and Pu’erh base in particular which is an interesting flavour juxtaposition. I wouldn’t think that they’d work together but they actually do in a wonderful way. The juniper comes through in the front of the sip and the finish but less so in the body; that’s more reserved for the herbs/spices.

Anyone do any Boxing Day shopping yet? I’ve placed orders with Teavana and Red Leaf Tea thus far; should Bluebird miraculously restock Cola & Lime Guayusa I’ll be ordering with them as well but apart from that I think I’m done for the year. I nabbed a tea cook book from Teavana; even with the shipping the cost of the book w. their sale was cheaper than it would have been at the regular price. I’m excited for more inspiration to put the skills I learned in my last Sommelier class to work. No sale from RLT, just needed more matcha. I went with Apple, Grape, Bubble Gum, and Butternut Pie! I’ve only tried one of those (bubble gum) but I’m really excited for the others. In particular, I think Grape will be good!

no boxing day shopping here.

Mookit

Thanks for mentioning the Teavana sale! I didn’t know they had one until you did. I went and grabbed the book too! They had a good sale for some of the more expensive sea too. Got some Black Dragon Pearls to try. :)

Evol Ving Ness

No Boxing Day shopping here either. I may pass by Holt’s this week to see if any tea remains, but that’s it. Way lost my mind already this year. Thankfully, have so many lovely teas to drink. And some less than lovely ones too.

Another tea from this weekend – all i can recall is holy THYME! I need to have another cup of this before sending the rest to omgsrsly but this one is my least favourite so far as it’s more thyme, then juniper then black tea base. the balance seems off a little in this one.

OMGsrsly

Aww, that’s a little disappointing. But I do love Fauchon’s Peche et Thym. So.

Roswell Strange

Finally placed my August Uncommon order; and your tasting notes are getting me excited!

Oh yay! Looking forward to seeing what you think

This is a very herbaceous tea— aroma is juniper and thyme. Lemon balm helps to balance the flavor, and it really does taste as billed, “a walk in the woods.” Once again a very intellectually interesting tea from AU. What I am realizing is that it doesn’t hit the notes that I am looking for in a black tea— what I am missing is the tea itself. I haven’t found any of the AU teas uninteresting but have only reordered one flavor (Staring at the Sea). I think AU has a great concept and will definitely check out their fall collection, so we’ll see.