Tropic of Capricorn

Green Herbal Blend
Dragon Fruit, Eucalyptus Leaf, Flavor, Lemongrass, Rose Hips, Sencha
Cantaloupe, Cucumber, Eucalyptus, Honeydew, Melon, Menthol, Oats, Pine, Smooth, Tropical, Umami, Fruity, Plants
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Home – 5:30 PM For some reason, I have had a headache all day. It’s very unusual for me, and quite unpleasant. Anyway, I added this tea to my sample order from August Uncommon because it sounded...” Read full tasting note
  • “Muted fruity tones that would be served better cold than warm. The tea is made to feel like “winter holiday in brazil” and I would say it is just that.” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! Finished this off as a cold brew which really brought out some melon notes (honeydew at first, which merged into a juicy cantaloupe). Hints of another fruit (still can only assume it’s the...” Read full tasting note
  • “My August Uncommon order arrived last night. I ordered the Winter/Fall 2015 starter for BF along with a bunch of samples of the other teas. I had been looking to order a new infuser for traveling...” Read full tasting note

From August Uncommon Tea

Aromatic green tea with eucalyptus and dragonfruit

Enter the dreamy landscape of the Brazilian coastline. Against turquoise waters, emerald forests pop with vibrant fruits in surreal shapes and flavors. In the first sip of this tea, you taste syrupy sweet melon. The fruitiness is balanced by subtle pine notes of eucalyptus leaves and tart lemongrass and rosehip. The finish is smoothed by airy dragonfruit. A strange and wonderful winter paradise lies just beyond the equator.

INGREDIENTS: zhejiang sencha tea, chilean rosehip shells, eucalyptus leaves, lemongrass, melon, thai dragonfruit, flavoring

TASTES LIKE: muskmelon, eucalyptus leaves, fresh-cut pine
FEELS LIKE: winter holiday in brazil

VEGANGLUTEN FREENON GMO

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Home – 5:30 PM

Anyway, I added this tea to my sample order from August Uncommon because it sounded so unusual and intriguing. Plus most of the order was black teas, so it was nice to add a green in there.

This is not at all what I expected. It tastes mostly of melon, which is not one of the two flavors mentioned in the short description. It tastes juicy and ripe, and perhaps with a bit of cucumber mixed in. There’s also a creamy grass flavor and slight hint of umami that remind me of matcha. I’m not sure what dragonfruit tastes like, but this does have a touch of tropical edge. The eucalyptus is light, thankfully, and somewhat piney.

Overall, I dig it. I bet this would be amazing as an iced tea.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Cucumber, Eucalyptus, Honeydew, Melon, Menthol, Oats, Pine, Smooth, Tropical, Umami

Kawaii433

I hope you feel better soon, Cameron and your headache goes away. :(

Cameron B.

Thank you! I took some ibuprofen, so hopefully that will tame it a bit…

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Melon, Pine

175 °F / 79 °C 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Sipdown! Finished this off as a cold brew which really brought out some melon notes (honeydew at first, which merged into a juicy cantaloupe). Hints of another fruit (still can only assume it’s the dragon-fruit in the background with the eucalyptus giving it a unique undertone. Again, probably wouldn’t repurchase as I’m not totally sold on the eucalyptus, but it’s nice and refreshing.

My August Uncommon order arrived last night. I ordered the Winter/Fall 2015 starter for BF along with a bunch of samples of the other teas. I had been looking to order a new infuser for traveling so when the starter sets went on sale I thought it was a good opportunity to get to try some tea and get a new infuser.

This is good. I like the combo of flavors. sweet, fruity and eucalyptus, but it is very bold. I guess I was expecting a calmer tea. I don’t know if that description makes any sense. I like to drink some of my flavored green and white teas before bed as a calming cup and this tea is bold enough in flavor that I wouldn’t consider it a pre-bed tea.