Fruit Herbal Blend
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From August Uncommon Tea

honeydew melon fruit tea with mint. caffeine free.

Ingredients: turkish apple, rosehip shells, peppermint, thai pineapple, melon pieces, pear pieces, flavouring.

Tastes like: honeydew melon, wildflower honey, peppermint

Feels like: sunbathing on a sailboat.

About August Uncommon Tea View company

I just spent 2.5 hrs waiting for laundry so while I waited I packed teas for Sil and brewed this up. Honeydew and mint sounded like it would shine over ice. I opened the sample pack and I just barely had 3 spoonfuls. Plus majority of the sample was mint. I used two spoons today and am saving the last to try hot once I’m feeling better.

Iced, this is a bit disappointing tbh. It is vaguely sweet through the sip and if I focus I can maybe get honeydew which is a subtle fruit to begin with but then the mint takes over. It’s not sweet and doesn’t really fit in. Instead it’s like a smack of medicine. So the iced tea didn’t really go over well but hopefully the last spoon is better. I’ll hold off rating until then.

Sipdown (249)!

I think I need to channel my inner Sil and step up my sipdown game, because soon I’m going to find myself crossing the 250 tea mark and that is NOT a route I want to go down.

I finished this one off last night at work and I have to say that I found the contrast on the intense peppermint and the sweet, juicy watermelon a lot less abrasive this time around. I mean, I still think there was a degree of discord between the flavours but certainly not to the same extent. I can’t help but wonder if that’s because, even after that one cup, I am already just slightly conditioned to the weird overlap of flavours though.

Bottom line, this one isn’t bad but it’s just really quite weird too. Maybe spearmint would have been a better mint pairing? Spearmint is naturally a little sweeter, so maybe it would have tied in better to the sweeter melon which still having that cooling/refreshing aspect. I don’t know; I doubt I’d purchase this one again but I’d probably drink it if offered.

haha i am slow close to having just puerh in my cupboard lol it’s so sad…