Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Flavor, Pear, Peppermint, Pineapple, Rose Hips
Apple, Herbaceous, Melon, Peppermint, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

• “Home – 10:00 PM The Great Cupboard Excavation Untasted teas remaining: 27 I’m actually running out of caffeine-free teas to try in the evening. I only have a couple more untried ones to go, and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Nice light melon flavor with a touch of mint. I would’ve liked even more mint, but it was still good. I basically drank this one every day, and now it’s gone, so I’ve been adding mint to my various...” Read full tasting note
  • “I just spent 2.5 hrs waiting for laundry so while I waited I packed teas for Sil and brewed this up. Honeydew and mint sounded like it would shine over ice. I opened the sample pack and I just...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (249)! I think I need to channel my inner Sil and step up my sipdown game, because soon I’m going to find myself crossing the 250 tea mark and that is NOT a route I want to go down. I...” Read full tasting note

From August Uncommon Tea

Honeydew melon fruit tea with mint

Have you had the pleasure of drinking fruit tea? Throughout Europe, teas made of dried fruit are well loved yet have been missing from American tea culture until now. Capri is a flavorful, cooling blend of fruits and peppermint, with a rich honeydew melon flavor. When it’s iced, it’s the perfect beverage for a hot day. Hot, it’s excellent after dinner or to wind down the day.

INGREDIENTS: turkish apple, rosehip shells, peppermint, thai pineapple, melon pieces, pear pieces, flavoring

TASTES LIKE: honeydew melon, wildflower honey, peppermint
FEELS LIKE: sunbathing on a sailboat

CAFFEINE FREEVEGANGLUTEN FREENON GMO

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Home – 10:00 PM

The Great Cupboard Excavation
Untasted teas remaining: 27

I’m actually running out of caffeine-free teas to try in the evening. I only have a couple more untried ones to go, and then I suppose I’ll allow myself break into the swap samples in the evening.

I actually ended up using the whole sample packet of this for my 16-ounce pot, because the fruit chunks were huge and heavy so there wasn’t that much volume for the weight.

This is… not what I expected. It’s barely sweet at all, and there’s an interesting slight tartness. I suppose it must be from the apple and pineapple? I guess I was expecting it to taste more like melon, since that’s the primary flavor mentioned. There’s definitely mint, but it’s more of an herbaceous peppermint which isn’t my favorite. It tends to taste a bit… musty? Or something? I’m not even sure how to describe it besides “sort of like a wet dishrag”.

This one is a bit disappointing to me. I feel like the apple overshadows the melon too much, and that it would be nicer with spearmint in place of the peppermint as well as a bit less mint in general.

Flavors: Apple, Herbaceous, Melon, Peppermint, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Nice light melon flavor with a touch of mint. I would’ve liked even more mint, but it was still good. I basically drank this one every day, and now it’s gone, so I’ve been adding mint to my various other fruit teas to get my minty fruity fix. I’ve had better teas of this variety, but I could see myself repurchasing this one day.

I just spent 2.5 hrs waiting for laundry so while I waited I packed teas for Sil and brewed this up. Honeydew and mint sounded like it would shine over ice. I opened the sample pack and I just barely had 3 spoonfuls. Plus majority of the sample was mint. I used two spoons today and am saving the last to try hot once I’m feeling better.

Iced, this is a bit disappointing tbh. It is vaguely sweet through the sip and if I focus I can maybe get honeydew which is a subtle fruit to begin with but then the mint takes over. It’s not sweet and doesn’t really fit in. Instead it’s like a smack of medicine. So the iced tea didn’t really go over well but hopefully the last spoon is better. I’ll hold off rating until then.

Sipdown (249)!

I finished this one off last night at work and I have to say that I found the contrast on the intense peppermint and the sweet, juicy watermelon a lot less abrasive this time around. I mean, I still think there was a degree of discord between the flavours but certainly not to the same extent. I can’t help but wonder if that’s because, even after that one cup, I am already just slightly conditioned to the weird overlap of flavours though.

Bottom line, this one isn’t bad but it’s just really quite weird too. Maybe spearmint would have been a better mint pairing? Spearmint is naturally a little sweeter, so maybe it would have tied in better to the sweeter melon which still having that cooling/refreshing aspect. I don’t know; I doubt I’d purchase this one again but I’d probably drink it if offered.

haha i am slow close to having just puerh in my cupboard lol it’s so sad…