Green Tea
Flavouring, Green Tea, Lemongrass, Orange, Sencha, Vanilla
Cream, Grass, Mineral, Orange, Orange Zest, Spicy, Vanilla, Wood, Creamy, Custard, Floral, Orange Blossom, Smooth, Spinach, Sweet, Umami, Vegetal
Medium
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “This feels like the innocence of limber and languid ice cream truck summers at my grandparents’ house, rolling right past the tumultuous teen years and into those humid days and hazy nights of —...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is one I’ve been looking forward to trying for a long time now, and I have to say – it was worth the wait! At this point, I probably have three other beloved orange-flavored teas in my stash,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 6:30 PM Merry Christmas, my fellow Steepsters! ❤ I have been doing absolutely nothing all day. The boyfriend and I didn’t do anything for Christmas this year, as we’re moving into our new...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is pretty nice, except for that weak Chinese sencha blend. I think I may just straight out hate that stuff at this point. It’s such a watery non-substance after such lovely flavours here...” Read full tasting note

From August Uncommon Tea

Aromatic green tea with orange, vanilla and jatoba wood

This woodsy, vanilla tea evokes a sultry, warm atmosphere of the hammam. It has a luxurious aroma of sandalwood incense from jatoba wood, a citrus sweetness of dried orange and grassy base of green tea. Vanilla pieces add a whisper of sweetness in the finish. Fans of Middle Eastern and North African cuisine will love it. Try it iover a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a dreamy creamsicle flavor.

INGREDIENTS: chinese sencha green tea, yunnan green tea, brazilian jatoba wood, turkish orange, madagascar vanilla, flavoring, lemongrass

TASTES LIKE: sandalwood incense, spiced orange, vanilla
FEELS LIKE: wandering the moroccan medina

VEGANGLUTEN FREENON GMO

About August Uncommon Tea View company

This feels like the innocence of limber and languid ice cream truck summers at my grandparents’ house, rolling right past the tumultuous teen years and into those humid days and hazy nights of — hey nineteen — living on my own. A still impressionable girl developing her poise and confidence as a young woman.

Strange. Tasty. Needs a stronger base.

Edited to add: If you ever come across this review, Dad, thanks for the memories. It was nice to talk yesterday.

Song pairing: Steely Dan — Hey Nineteen

Flavors: Cream, Grass, Mineral, Orange, Orange Zest, Spicy, Vanilla, Wood

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
mrmopar

Steely Dan is always a nice listen. Do it gain is a fave as well as Deacon Blues.

ashmanra

When Josie comes home, it’s so good! She’s the pride of the neighborhood! Love so many of their songs!

This is one I’ve been looking forward to trying for a long time now, and I have to say – it was worth the wait! At this point, I probably have three other beloved orange-flavored teas in my stash, but this one still has a place! The green tea is mellow and almost buttery. The orange isn’t fake or overbearing. There’s a vanilla flavor that compliments the whole thing. I sipped this cup slowly at work yesterday, and I loved every drop.

Home – 6:30 PM

Merry Christmas, my fellow Steepsters!

I have been doing absolutely nothing all day. The boyfriend and I didn’t do anything for Christmas this year, as we’re moving into our new house in a couple of days. We’re not the type to buy each other presents either, as generally we buy things that we want throughout the year and don’t really have “wished for” items for Christmas. So we’ve been spending the day playing games, lounging, watching various things on the Fire TV, and doing some laundry. Yay for lazy days!

Anyway, the tea. This is from my second August Uncommon sample order, which was made specifically for this tea and Dark Iris. Obviously I threw in several other samples as well, because duh… My small sample had a giant slice of dried orange in it (just like the photo), which I promptly chopped up since I didn’t want the entire piece in one mug of tea.

This is very yummy… It’s super creamsicle-y, with sweet orange and lovely creamy vanilla flavors. I can see how the jatoba wood does give it a slight sort of sandalwood-ish flavor, but mostly it’s dreamy ice cream bar goodness. There’s maybe a slight floral note here, and it reminds me of orange blossom.

The base tea is very mild, though I do get a slightly grassy sencha flavor from it, with a hint of vegetal spinach. I would argue that the stronger flavoring could take a bit stronger of a base tea, and it would also be delicious with a black tea.

But I do love it. This might be my favorite from August Uncommon so far!

Flavors: Creamy, Custard, Floral, Grass, Orange, Orange Blossom, Smooth, Spinach, Sweet, Umami, Vanilla, Vegetal, Wood

Nattie

Merry Christmas! I’m glad you had a great day. ♥

Rosehips

That sounds like a lovely day! I am so glad you enjoyed it.

This is pretty nice, except for that weak Chinese sencha blend. I think I may just straight out hate that stuff at this point. It’s such a watery non-substance after such lovely flavours here (orange, vanilla, sandalwood). I think this could be something pretty special if it weren’t for that generic, lackluster, hateful tea base (now let me tell you how I really feel).

Flavors: Cream, Grass, Orange, Vanilla, Vegetal

Evol Ving Ness

yep, until I discover something sencha that I haven’t tasted before, sencha is my least favourite thing. But that flavour overlay, wow—such potential.

Drank this one hot with milk while we did a chocolate fondue to close out our Christmas celebrations today/kind of head into the new year; I did add a little milk to it to cool it enough for me to drink right away with the fondue.

The dark chocolate and fruit from the fondue were pretty strong and kind of overshadowed a lot of the subtleties of the tea – but every now and then I’d get a bite of orange or pear coated in dark chocolate that coincided with a sip of tea and the combo would be quite lovely! Sweet, creamy fruit notes – orange from the tea and fruit and pear from just the fruit, and silky vanilla and dark chocolate. Very indulgent, but also blissfully smooth and relaxing.

The tea itself was kind of medium bodied and sweet enough with strong creamy vanilla notes and a soft orange; very “creamsicle” like, without the sweetness. Some buttery, grassy/vegetal undertones from the green base but not a lot. Mostly just the added in flavourings. Decent tea overall; but one that was definitely boosted through the situation I drank it in and the food pairing.

EDIT: Turns out this was my last tea of 2017! Also, my 5750th tasting note! Pretty good way to cap off the year, I’d say!