White Tea
Apple, Carob, Honey, Natural Flavours, White Tea
Almond, Citrus, Honey, Orange Blossom, Bitter, Candy, Fruity, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I’ve tried this one on two separate occasions, and I pretty strongly dislike it, despite consisting of flavors I generally love (orange blossom, honey, almond). The first time, it somehow tasted...” Read full tasting note
  • “Usually I’m not a huge fan of white tea, as I feel it’s too subtle, causing me to oversteep it and then getting a less than desirable result. This is a flavored one, though, and that makes a big...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had some chocolate with crisped rice before this cup and I keep getting toasted rice notes while drinking this. It’s nice, but distracting from the flavors of the tea. It smells like honeyed...” Read full tasting note
  • “What I smell: toasted almonds, orange marmalade, barley What I taste: orange rind Notes: Amazing scent from the dry leaves, but quite a mellow tea when steeped. Reminds me a bit of an orange saison...” Read full tasting note

From August Uncommon Tea

White tea with orange blossom, almond and honey

A tea that is gentle and sweet like a summer breeze and sunlight-dappled cobblestone. It’s a mild white tea with soft notes of orange blossom and honey. The floral notes of white tea are complemented by the depth of sweet almond and ephemeral orange trees in bloom. A tea for easy mornings and that much-deserved afternoon break. It’s perfect on its own or with a dessert. And it is an out-of-this-world iced tea. Its name is inspired by the graceful, warm sound of American Analog Set’s understated indie rock album of the same name.

A tea for lovers of almond and citrus flowers.

INGREDIENTS: chinese pai mu tan white tea, bulgarian rosehip seed, turkish apple, carob, barley malt, almond, honey, orange blossom, natural flavoring

CONTAINS NUTS, HONEY, AND GLUTEN

TASTES LIKE: sweet almond, sugar cookie, orange blossom
FEELS LIKE: honeyed guitar chords

HEAT 190°F / 90°C water
ADD 3.5g tea, about one tablespoon
POUR 10oz / 300ml hot water
INFUSE 4-5 mins. longer is stronger
REPEAT reinfuse up to two times

About August Uncommon Tea View company

I’ve tried this one on two separate occasions, and I pretty strongly dislike it, despite consisting of flavors I generally love (orange blossom, honey, almond). The first time, it somehow tasted like pencil shavings. This time around, it has a strong alcohol flavor that overpowers everything else.

Usually I’m not a huge fan of white tea, as I feel it’s too subtle, causing me to oversteep it and then getting a less than desirable result. This is a flavored one, though, and that makes a big difference. The orange blossom floral note is quite pleasant, which is saying a lot because generally I’m not into floral teas. Somehow, the floral notes along with the almond flavor all wrapped up with hints of honey works really well. It’s surprisingly tasty for a white tea. It makes a very nice afternoon break cup of tea, especially with a little something sweet to snack on. This sugar addict is having a rough time giving up her sweets completely.

Flavors: Almond, Citrus, Honey, Orange Blossom

I had some chocolate with crisped rice before this cup and I keep getting toasted rice notes while drinking this. It’s nice, but distracting from the flavors of the tea. It smells like honeyed almonds and I get a little bit of that in the sip, but there is also a flat dough taste too. I can pick out the orange if I think hard. I’m not digging on this one so much, but I don’t often find white teas I like.

What I smell: toasted almonds, orange marmalade, barley

What I taste: orange rind

Notes: Amazing scent from the dry leaves, but quite a mellow tea when steeped. Reminds me a bit of an orange saison in tea form. Mild almond notes in the background too.

Shae

Oh I love orange marmalade!

I mostly followed the instructions on this one.

What a lovely blend – all mauve pinks and moss greens with some earthy brown twigs thrown in for good measure. It reminds me of spring. The dry tea is fruity and candy sweet. One steeped, there is the slightest bitterness. I can taste the almonds. It reminds me of an herbal tea. My husband loves it so that must be right (he only drinks herbals these days). Overall, it’s good but not one I would reach for on a regular basis.

Thanks, amandastory516, for sending this one!

Flavors: Almond, Bitter, Candy, Fruity, Sweet