An Evening With Eros

Caramel, Chocolate, Nutty, Raisins, Cinnamon, Dark Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Fjellrev
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Banff Tea Co., The

Blended exclusively for Valentine’s Day as a romantic treat this roobois based concoction will add a little love at any time of the year (or day…or night!

Ingredients: Roobois, caramel pieces, calendula petals, rose petals, cinnamon, chocolate chips, hibiscus, elderberries, dried black currants, natural flavours.

About Banff Tea Co., The View company

This is an amazing tea with a well suited name. I really believe that if Eros had a tea-form, it would definitely smell/taste like this. In fact, I think that this tea should count as aromatherapy on top of being a fantastic tea.
As it’s roobois, I tend to drink this in the evening and it is a fantastic way to relax. The caramel, chocolate, and flower all come together to make perfection. I don’t usually like caramel and chocolate flavoured teas, but here they are perfectly complementary with the other flavours that I can’t really imagine it without!
Another thing: I am a slow drinker, but this tea holds its flavours well without becoming bitter. Tea is higher priced for store, but overall a great bargain compared to some other higher end tea companies.
I definitely recommend this. Hands down my favorite tea!

This is a tasty tea with floral, fruity, and gourmand nuances all in one. The first cup I had was heavier on the floral, probably because it had more petals when I poured it out of the sample pouch. The rooibos base is woodsy but I’ve had much worse. Then there’s a delicate chocolate note in the background. I added milk to this first cup and it worked well, I must way.

The second cup today hardly has any floral notes but more tart, fruity notes are present long with the gourmand caramel and chocolate. I didn’t bother with milk this time around and I was able to taste the chocolate a little more, this time around. Not sure if I would ever order more but if I ever find time to make it down to Banff again, I may consider giving this another chance. It’s just unfortunate that they store their teas in glass jars in their store. I ordered my sample though Amoda, so I’m thinking it shouldn’t have had as much exposure to the sun.

Received in January 2017 tea box