Organic Gunpowder Green Tea

Green Tea
Drying, Grass, Petrichor, Sweet, Warm Grass, Astringent, Char, Hay
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Bloom

• “Drank 1/15/22 I loved this tea! I’m not normally a huge fan of green teas because they can be super finicky with water temps, but this came in my Sipsby subscription in march of last year and I...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is a very classic gunpowder green, defined largely by vegetal/grassy flavors and hay-like astringency. Clean with a gentle smokiness that lingers for only a moment. Smells like hay, sweet...” Read full tasting note

From Bare Leaves

Organic green tea from China. The leaves of this famous Chinese green tea are hand-rolled into pellets that resemble gunpowder. It produces a bolder flavor than most green teas.

About Bare Leaves View company

Drank 1/15/22
I loved this tea! I’m not normally a huge fan of green teas because they can be super finicky with water temps, but this came in my Sipsby subscription in march of last year and I finally got around to trying it. It was grassy in the best way, like the air after a spring rain when the shoots are just poking up out of the ground. Fresh, bright, and almost fruity, with a hint of depth and dryness at the back of the tongue. Really enjoyed this beverage.
Also, my dad tried it with me and he loved it (with lots of sugar, because that’s how he drinks every tea) and said it was refreshing.

Flavors: Drying, Grass, Petrichor, Sweet, Warm Grass

This tea is a very classic gunpowder green, defined largely by vegetal/grassy flavors and hay-like astringency. Clean with a gentle smokiness that lingers for only a moment. Smells like hay, sweet grass, and a hint of charcoal. Slightly astringent, a dryness that compliments the grassiness. I’m not a huge fan of teas that are really grassy, but this one was still pleasant to drink.

Flavors: Astringent, Char, Grass, Hay, Sweet, Warm Grass