Frosty Afternoon

Ceylon Black Tea, Orange Flavoring, Passionfruit Flavor
Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

• “303/365 One of the last few teas from my Varieteas box. This one is a Ceylon with passion fruit and orange flavouring. For some reason, that combination is one that puts me more in mind of summer,...” Read full tasting note
  • “I wish I had another tea bag of this to see if making it differently would make it more palatable. It wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t something I would reach for again. I like Ceylon tea grown at...” Read full tasting note

From Basilur

Product description not available yet.

About Basilur View company

303/365

One of the last few teas from my Varieteas box. This one is a Ceylon with passion fruit and orange flavouring. For some reason, that combination is one that puts me more in mind of summer, but perhaps that’s just me…

The fruit flavouring is stronger than I expected it to be, and the passion fruit particularly is very clear. It comes across as a little artificial, on the whole; very sweet, with an almost plasticky edge that’s a little off-putting. The aftertaste is a little floral, and a touch powdery, which don’t do much to help redeem it.

The base is nice, though – smooth, and lightly citrussy. It works well with the fruit flavouring, but that’s really all that can be said about this one. I found it disappointing – not awful, but not one I’d seek out again.

I like Ceylon tea grown at lower elevations but not particularly the high grown ones. I don’t know what this is, but the base was a little harsh. The orange and passionfruit flavors were somewhat redeeming, but I honestly though the orange flavor Twinings uses was better. And don’t even think about comparing this to the orange flavor in Nina’s Tea!