White Tea
White Tea Leaves
Almond, Apricot, Baked Bread, Butter, Nutty, Vanilla, Malt, Caramel, Fruity, Hay, Cocoa, Honeydew, Smooth, Creamy, Fishy, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes
Edit tea info Last updated by eastkyteaguy

2 Images

From Beautiful Taiwan Tea Company

JUST ARRIVED. This is the freshest crop straight from the farm.

You’ve heard of the famous Ceylon Black Tea, no doubt. We’re excited to offer you one of the first white teas grown on an independent family farm in one of the most famous tea growing regions in the world.

This is a very beautiful and elegant tea; a single bud and a single tender leaf. We’re tempted to call it a White Oolong because it defies experience. It’s processed like a white tea but somehow has enough of a darker profile to give you the satisfaction of a super-high quality dark tea. It takes 6-7 Kilos of hand-picked buds to make a single kilo of this tea!

This tea is a first of its kind and an exclusive to BTTC.

Please try it out and let us know what you think.

About Beautiful Taiwan Tea Company View company

As others have said, this tea is highly unusual for a white, the leaves look much like black tea with a ridge on the buds that is silvery green; it’s very pretty to look at. The flavor comes out just as unusual. There is a smooth buttery mouthfeel that sticks with you, followed by a brief moment of making your mouth water. This tea gets more and more interesting.

Flavors: Almond, Apricot, Baked Bread, Butter, Nutty, Vanilla

175 °F / 79 °C 0 min, 30 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

The Ceylon White is an unusual white tea.

The leaves are long and dark, which almost remind me of a black tea. The aroma and flavor profile have that black tea quality to it, too.

There were malty rich notes throughout the session; without the astringency that black teas usually carry. However, this tea was smooth.

I would suggest steeping at 195 F, but slowly ease the steep time (5s, 10s, 20s, 25s, 30s, 60s), rather than start a higher steep time. The flavor began to mellow out after the 30s steep, but I pushed it a little more to the 60s-90s mark. The flavor wasn’t too present at the 90s mark, but it still left the thick mouthfeel, which worked itself on the roof of the mouth/back of the throat.

This sample given to me from LP a while ago, but I’m finally mowing some tea samples down, to get to the ones I’ve yet to try. Thank you again!

Flavors: Malt

195 °F / 90 °C

Enjoying this one this afternoon.

The dry leaves look so unusual for a white. Long dark think spindly leaves with a white stripe on each.

It brews up bold for a white tea. Maybe because it looks like a black tea? Or looks something like the moonlight teas. It’s malty with sweet caramel notes. There’s the typical hay I usually get from most whites. Also a bit of fruitiness.

Loved this one but it reminds me of some of my moonlight teas so it’s nothing that I haven’t had before.

Flavors: Caramel, Fruity, Hay, Malt

DON’T OVERSTEEP. TASTE LIKE FISH BROTH IF OVER DONE.

Evol Ving Ness

Fish broth. :)

Maybe this is a cooking tea then.

Daylon R Thomas

I would think so. The same can be probably said for the Muzha or some of the darker oolongs I’ve had lately, though I’ve yet to actually cook with tea.