No. 95, Phoenix Black

High
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “I think i’m almost to the point where i need to pull a few more bellocq straight teas out of my shopping box lol I’m getting down to the end of a lot of my straight teas so i can start working on...” Read full tasting note

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

Black tea has become very popular in China over the last two to three years. Never to fall too far behind current trends, many farmers in areas famous for other types of tea have started to create their own versions of black tea. Mr Huang, a traditional maker of phoenix oolongs has thrown his hat in the ring with this offering. Taking it’s cue from the darker side of black tea, this is a full bodied, malty freight train, with notes of chocolate and stone fruit.

Origin: Wudong Mountain, Guangdong Province, China – 2015

Brewing Instructions:

2 tsp per 8oz/250ml of water
195ºF/90ºC (Bring fresh, cold spring water to a boil. Remove from heat, set aside 1 minute, and proceed.)
Brew 4-6 minutes
Good for 2 infusions

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

I think i’m almost to the point where i need to pull a few more bellocq straight teas out of my shopping box lol I’m getting down to the end of a lot of my straight teas so i can start working on some of those ones without feeling guilty. Of course i’ve been neglecting my puerh and need to drink a lot of flavoured teas, but we’ll get there.

i don’t see this tea as being as strong as the description calls, even with a longer steep – but it is delicious to me. Still need to drink up a bunch more before i decide if it’s worth the price given the exchange and all that but I will fully enjoy this entire bag that i picked up.