No. 90, Guangxi Black

Baked Bread, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

Floral and sweet, this organic black tea has notes of honey and toffee, with hints of linden and sweet potato skin. Perfect for fans of Jin Jun Mei on a budget.

Origin: Heng County, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China – 2014

Brewing Instructions:

1 tsp per 8oz/250ml
195ºF/90ºC (Bring fresh, cold spring water to a boil. Remove from heat, set aside 1 minute, and proceed.)
Brew 4-6 minutes
Good for 2 infusions

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

The world's finest teas and scents should be an everyday luxury. Honoring quality, tranquility and pleasure.

This tea is just lovely. It tastes like a bready chocolate Yunnan with the slightest catch in the back of the throat at the tail end of the sip.

But also, it reminds me that I did not take the opportunity to go to Guilin in Guangxi province when I was working in China. Of course, I wasn’t into tea at that time, so I likely wouldn’t have sought this tea out or possibly even found it memorable if I had come across it. Still, it would have been nice to visit with the misty peaks in Guilin. Apparently, it is quite a magical place to be in person. I did enjoy them through the train window as I made my way across the south of the country to Yunnan though: exactly like a Chinese ink scene come to life. In the sense of—wow, this place really exists. I feel quite fortunate to have seen them despite having been in motion.

Thank you for the sample, Sil. Very enjoyable cups and memories.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Chocolate

Still getting cinnamon from this one. It’s totally weird but delicious!