2010 Yunnan Mengku Organic Arbora King Raw Pu'erh

Char, Oak wood, Smoke, Sugarcane
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Haveteawilltravel
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 oz / 88 ml

From Berylleb King Tea(ebay)

Product description not available yet.

About Berylleb King Tea(ebay) View company

Puerh Tea TTB. This was a nice tea. It started out sweet before the leaves fully opened up. Once the leaves opened up it developed a nice orange color and there was a little bitterness. There was a little bit of leather and tobacco in this tea. Overall I liked this tea.

I steeped this ten times in a 75ml teapot with 6g leaf and boiling water. I gave it a 10 second rinse. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, and 1 minute.

Boiling 6 g 3 OZ / 75 ML

Backlog

Reminded me of smoke and Barbasol shaving cream.

mtchyg

Not a fan of smokey shaving cream on your tastebuds? Haha

S.G. Sanders

No, I don’t care for the scent/taste of what it’d be like as a kid if my father were to smoke while shaving. Haha.

mtchyg

They should rename the tea “Raw Mobster” because that is the image I had. A mobster smoking a cigar while getting a shave.

I’ll be the first one again to review :)

I’ve been craving a good Sheng session, and my Berylleb order came in. I dived into this right off the bat. I opened the package and took in a deep smoky aroma. It carried a slight aged scent. The beeng was of long darkened curls with a few brilliant gold strands standing out. I broke a generous chunk and placed inside my warmed yixing to open up. The scent broadened to the charred remains of blackwood forest after a firestorm. This brew had some intense smoky tones; however, the taste was surprisingly different. The initial sip had a light oak base and a delectably sweet aftertaste. It wasn’t a nectar sweet tone, rather it was a sugar cane sweetness. This smooth taste lasted for quite awhile, and I swear I could even taste the cane itself. The qi from this brew was prominent with the first drink, but it faded soon after. I can still feel a slight subtle presence. This is a great sweet treat. It did not hit the spot though, and I will definitely be exploring my other shengs until I am satisfied, hahah.

Flavors: Char, Oak wood, Smoke, Sugarcane

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
mrmopar

And don’t we all search for the magical one. Hope you enjoyed your experience with Berylleb. I keep good tabs on them.

Haveteawilltravel