Constant Comment

Black Tea, Orange Peel, Spices
Citrus, Tangy, Orange Zest, Orange, Spices, Cloves, Citrusy, Clove, Spicy, Cinnamon, Smooth, Cardamon, Bitter, Cream
Bulk, Tea Bag
Medium
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Arby

• “I was reading one of my classmate’s essays for senior seminar and it was about her family—her mom, specifically. It was so well written that it made me homesick for my mom. Two of the things that...” Read full tasting note
  • “So, I’m sick and staying with family/friends in Colorado. I was craving some comfort tea from the moment I woke up. Something with lavender. So my cold-medicine-addled self put on boots and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Had this for afternoon tea. I think I overbrewed it a bit, but it was still drinkable. That’s what is great about this tea- it takes abuse and still tastes pretty much the same way you remember....” Read full tasting note
  • “Wednesday Jan. 12, 2011 1st Steep of the Day. After 2 Hours of Shoveling Snow. Came in to a Steamy Hot Cup Of Biggie’s Constant Comment. Could not have been a Better Choice this Morning. Big Bold...” Read full tasting note

From Bigelow

Created by Ruth Bigelow in her kitchen over 60 years ago “Constant Comment” is today America’s most popular specialty tea. This original blend of the finest mountain-grown tea is deliciously flavored with rind of oranges and sweet spice. There’s no other tea in the world quite like it.

About Bigelow View company

A favorite from childhood, the orange notes were always what I drank when I had a cold. Mom’s “Spice tea, please”, a perennial comfort food.

Angrboda

This made me smile. Mostly because we’ve just had a long discussion about Leonard Cohen and his reference to this tea in one of his songs on one of JacquelineM’s posts. :)

Nice thing about this “commercial” brew….its good even after it has cooled off to room temp (although I’d swear that was “ICED tea” around the office today.

Very nice for a milder black tea. Tangy undertones, don’t add too much milk.

Flavors: Citrus, Tangy

Don’t know if it’s really delicious or it’s just the feeling it gives my heart, but I love Constant Comment. It was the tea of my childhood and the tea that I’ve been giving my kids since they were kindergarteners. The scent always reminds me of happy fall days and the taste always comforts me. To me it’s all orange rind and clove and astringency mellowed with sugar and milk. Happiness in a cup!

mrmopar

One of my first ones as well.

gmathis

Ditto. Orange rind, cloves, and lots of sentimental memories. I’ve never tried it with milk, but now I will.

Just as lovely as I remember, though it does give heartburn, but I love the taste that much I can overlook that

Flavors: Orange Zest

I acquired this tea through a tea swap, I’ve wanted to try it but I didn’t want to buy a whole box. I think it’s pretty good, would be a nice change for morning tea. If having tea in the morning it’s usually Russian Caravan or a Chai. This decently fits in with those types of teas.

Flavors: Orange, Spices

One of the first teas I was introduced to as a child. I love the orangy spice! Its a close second to my go-to earl gray tea from bigelow as well. Love it throughout the year but especially in the fall and winter months!

Flavors: Orange

2 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This my favorite tea. I was first introduced to it as a child when my mother would give me this tea before school on cold mornings, and maybe with some lemon and honey if I had a cold. Tastes and smells perfect. I take it with me when on long hiking trips as an alternative to coffee.

Flavors: Orange, Spices

Thanksgiving at mom’s Day 3, Tea 2. 13th overall. Might have time for one more after this, might just get ready to head to the Sierra Nevada Brewery. Priorities.

Anyway, this one.

I’ve always seen this one around. I’ve seen it in stores, online, heard people talk about it, it’s just a pretty famous old school tea. For some reason I’ve never tried it, until now.

Here we go.

The aroma is a combo of a underwhelming chai and a relaxed spiced tea. Sort of bland and spicy at the same time. Odd balance. Hopefully that will change in the mouth.

Sort of. It’s an odd flavor. There is a hint of orange in there, along with all the spice, and at the very bottom just a hint of the black tea base. Very British.

Now, I’m not a fan of spiced tea in general, so on that list, this would sit at the very top. Sort of an eased off, relaxed spiced tea, not so in your face. The hint of orange helps that a whole bunch. Overall, it really does have a very nice balance.

In the end, if I was looking for a spiced tea that I actually liked, this would be near the top. But near the top of a group of teas I’m not a huge fan of….

mrmopar

This was one of the first teas I drank other than sweet southern tea. I got me into flavored stuff and I branched from there.

Ugh, clove.

There is just something about the combination of citrus and clove which makes me think of decomposing orange peels.

Flavors: Cloves