Sweet Dreams

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Hibiscus, Peppermint, Rose Blossom Leaves, Spearmint, Spices
Floral, Peppermint, Pleasantly Sour, Mint, Menthol, Spices, Astringent, Orange, Rose, Sweet
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I’m not sure if I like chamomile. So before I try the Citrus Dream sample from Butiki Teas, I’ll try this bagged tea first. This mostly smells like mint when dry. Once brewed, it has a slight...” Read full tasting note
  • “Back late from a photography lecture and to see work at a gallery – not work that I found interesting. Ugh. I had just enough energy left to pop teabags in mugs with some honey before bed. This is...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ughhhhhh insomnia! I usually stay away from Bigelow blends, unless it’s either the straight chamomile or the straight peppermint ones, because they tend to be WAY too fast and loose with the...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was actually pretty good! I wasn’t expecting much per some of the reviews here, but I liked it! The chamomile really helped settle me down, and I look forward to having this again. The mint...” Read full tasting note

From Bigelow

One whiff and you will know you are in for a treat! Our blend of sweet chamomile flowers and mint leaves will calm your nerves and sooth your soul. So when it is time to relax, either during the day or at night enjoy our comforting blend.

Ingredients: Chamomile, Hibiscus, Peppermint Leaves, Rose Blossoms, Spearmint Leaves, Spice, Orange Blossoms

About Bigelow View company

I’m not a fan of herbal teas. To me, the majority are much too alike and this, while pleasant, is too.

Cofftea

Neither am I. If I want tea I want tea, not a tisane. But I do mix herbals w/ true tea often.

I usually hate chamomile, but I actually like this stuff. Not enough to make it often, but every once in a while, I get a craving. My boyfriend is absolutely enamored with it, though. I have to steep it forever it seems, though.

Boiling 8 min or more
Bigelow Tea

Nick, well we’re happy this flavor satisfies your occasional craving!
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

This tea is really well blended in that the drinker can distinguish all of the ingredients and I like that about it. As far as nighttime teas go, however, this is good but it is not my favorite.

Same review as for Sleepy Time from Celestial Seasonings

The combination of the mint, the tartness of hibiscus and the flowery of chamomile makes for a very soothing brew. These bags are super forgiving to excessive brew times.

That said, I wish each of the flavors had a bit more punch to them. Celestial Seasonings’ Peppermint has a bite to it that the mint here is lacking. Still this is a solid before-bed tea.

Flavors: Floral, Peppermint, Pleasantly Sour

Nice before going to sleep.

Flavors: Mint

I used to drink this tea every night before bed and loved it, it was my favorite when I was a teenager. It’s too weak and bleh for me now.

I steeped this a bit too long so it’s a little astringent. It tastes mostly of mint but has a spice that sits in your throat and on your tongue after each sip. I put too much honey in this cup so it’s far too sweet. I may like this better with a lower steep time and less sweetener. As it stands now, it’s not a favorite.

Flavors: Astringent, Mint, Spices

Boiling 6 OZ / 177 ML

Admittedly, I’ve not been feeling the best today. We all have our physically off days, and this was one of mine. But even through the ickiness, the soothing, sweet mix of mint and chamomile has been lovely. It almost tastes like there’s honey in it, though I know better. (Another time I may add some, just to see how it goes. I wonder if the sweetness would be a nice complement, or if it would become too sweet with it?)
Anyway, this was a good tea choice for tonight, and even cooled it’s going down wonderfully and soothingly. Hooray for good choices and good cuppas.

My before bed tea. It’s a simple chamomile and mint tea. Nothing too outstanding about it, but it’s soothing and nice to sip on while reading a cheesy mystery novel.

gmathis

What cheesy mystery? (I like ’em that way myself, sometimes.)

Veronica

The Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters. It’s the second book in the Amelia Peabody series. It’s complete mind candy, and I’m enjoying it thoroughly. :)

gmathis

I love Amelia and Emerson! Have read almost all, but the earlier ones are the best.

Veronica

Please tell me Ramses is in the later books and a holy terror! He cracks me up.

gmathis

He grows up! Holy terror evolves into a hero/daredevil.