Earl Grey

Black Tea, Natural Bergamot Oil
Bitter, Citrus, Herbs, Smoke, Bergamot, Earl Grey, Tannic, Tea, Artificial, Ash, Black Pepper, Olive Oil, Rose, Flowers, Sweet
Tea Bag
Medium
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Tranquilitea

From Bigelow

For our special Earl Grey, we’re adamant about using only the best bergamot oil. We source ours from the same garden in Calabria, Italy year after year. Then we carefully blend this flavorful and aromatic bergamot with a bold handpicked black tea… a recipe like no other.

About Bigelow View company

I expressed interest in this one after trying some other Bigelow teas and mom surprised me with it one day. I don’t exactly need more EGs, but I always appreciate them.

This one is pretty decent. The bergamot in it is actually perfect, just the right amount and intensity of fruit for my taste. The tea itself is bright, just a little astringent, and very nice for bagged. I wish it had a little more kick to it, because the aftertaste is slightly watery, but it’s still surprisingly good. I don’t think I touched this company until this year but I’m impressed by their consistency. Everything I’ve tried so far I would drink again.

I was a little surprised by the shortness of the recommended steep, but I’ve followed it nonetheless. I can taste the bergamot — I’m guessing it’s short so as not to let it be too overpowering? But I feel like I’m missing something — it’s almost more flowery than citrusy or tea-y, and… yeah. it’s not bad, but it’s not doing it for me.

I had a cup of this filter bag Earl Grey today after a lovely lunch at the Center for European Studies, where I was catching up with a former colleague. The tea was fine. I drank it with two of those small plastic containers of half and half, so it was more like an Earl Grey latte than a cup of tea, but it was just fine. No complaints: a simple and quick cup of tea for the road. It might have tasted a bit better because of the antarctic weather…

Recently made the switch from coffee. It’s not that I’ve never had tea….just never drank it on a regular basis until now. We have the Bigelow Earl Grey K-Cups at work and I decided to give it a try. I’ve had many different kinds of tea before but never an Earl Grey. But I figured, if it’s good enough for Picard it’s good enough for me! I was pleasantly surprised to a bold earthy flavor that made the transition from coffee seem effortless. I’ve had this tea in bags as well and it has the same, now familiar, soothing taste. I look forward to delving deeper into the world of tea and I will always credit this Earl Grey for giving me a push in the right direction.

This is my go-to tea when I’m not feeling well. I really like it with sugar or honey to sweeten. It does wonders to soothe a sore throat. :) Enjoy!

Brewed it at about 150F for about 15 Minuets, I used 4 bags for 34 OZ of water, Honey added. With 4 bag’s you can get a nice bit of bergamot, very fragrant, a faint hint of orange-vanilla? Very strong when brewed this long I loved it for that.

150 °F / 65 °C 8 min or more

Usually I drink Twinings Earl Grey since my parents always had it on hand, but bought this on sale and used it to make a London Fog (steamed milk, strong earl grey tea, vanilla syrup). Let me tell you, it’s absolutely perfect for London Fogs, but when I’m going for just a regular cuppa, I stick to my Twinings.

This is a basic Earl Grey, which I prefer with about a half teaspoon of raw sugar. I don’t know what it is about bergamot and black tea, but it’s essential for a good writing session, I just can’t seem to settle into a groove with out it. This one is slightly stronger than Twinnings, but I like both.

Fast steeping, great flavor. I love a strong Earl Grey. Good choice, a little stronger than the Twinings, though I prefer the latter’s overall taste and smell. Taken with a sprinkle of sugar and a tiny amount of soy milk.

Amazing. Its so refreshing. I discovered it on the Mentalist. The main character drinks this tea and English Breakfast.